AutoCAD Civil 3D General

Mentor
jeff_rivers
Message 1 of 4 (700 Views)

Pressing minus key causes window control tool to open.

700 Views, 3 Replies
05-02-2011 11:18 AM

Occasionally something happens such that when I press the minus key the 'window tool' opens.  It's been so long that I can't recall what it's called, but it is the Windows tool for maximizing/minimizing/restoring a child window.  The keystroke to call it up is alt-minus (similar to the alt-spacebar command for invoking the tool for a parent window). 

It will happen when I'm drawing a line by station & offset and try to enter a negative offset; Windows sees the minus sign and takes over, opening up the child window control thingy.  Another way is if I try to start the Layer command on the command line by preceding it with a minus sign; -LA. 

C3D 2011 ver. 2, Win 7 Enterprise.

Win 7E 64-bit, Intel i7, 12 GB
C3D 2012
Distinguished Contributor
NathanBee
Message 2 of 4 (677 Views)

Re: Pressing minus key causes window control tool to open.

05-02-2011 02:31 PM in reply to: jeff_rivers

Yep, that's been bugging me also. :smileymad:

Especially in the instance when you are a poly line that runs through consecutivly numbered points.

Ideas anyone?

Nathan

Mentor
jeff_rivers
Message 3 of 4 (636 Views)

05-17-2011 12:36 PM in reply to: jeff_rivers

I discovered a fix that seems to be permanent at least during the C3D session.

When pressing the minus key opens up the Windows Keyboard Shortcut to resize the window:

1. Click with the cursor in the C3D command line.

2.  Before pressing any other key, press 'esc' one time.

3.  Control should now return to the C3D command line, and further presses of the minus key shouldn't bring up the Window Resize shortcut command.

Win 7E 64-bit, Intel i7, 12 GB
C3D 2012
kirstenmhanson
Message 4 of 4 (552 Views)

08-25-2011 10:24 AM in reply to: jeff_rivers

I have this problem as well when drawing feature lines, which often have negative grades.  It's very irritating, hope they've fixed in in 2012.

C3d 2011, V3.  Win 7 Prof, 6 GB, 64 bit.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Civil 3D Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for AutoCAD Civil 3D helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Civil 3D

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs