Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ponit Group when Importing Survey Points

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
DaveM
435 Views, 5 Replies

Ponit Group when Importing Survey Points

All,

Sometimes when i import points Civil 3d creates a Point group in the drawing with the name of the point file, sometime it does not. I prefer when it does create this point group. It always seems to create a Survey Point Group. How do i control wether or not a point group is created in the import?

Thanks,
Dave

Civil 3D 2013
HP Z400 Workstation
6GB of RAM
296GB HDD
ATI FirePro V5700(FireGL)
Win 7 Home Professional
Please use Kudos Where Deserved

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
DaveM
in reply to: DaveM

Sorry Civil 3d 2013, And i understand you can create them after the fact. My curiosity is why it sometimes doesent create them automatically?

Thanks,
Dave

Civil 3D 2013
HP Z400 Workstation
6GB of RAM
296GB HDD
ATI FirePro V5700(FireGL)
Win 7 Home Professional
Please use Kudos Where Deserved

Message 3 of 6
rl_jackson
in reply to: DaveM

This all depends on how you insert the points into the drawing. If you want the point group to be created in the drawing with the same name as the point file, all you need to do is select and right click the *.txt file name in the point databases, and insert the points this will automatically create a group with the same name.

To create this automatically, go to the survey tab, select the survey user settings, and set the points to insert on import = yes

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 6
Nrhoads
in reply to: rl_jackson

I am importing through survey with an event and using a line code set to auto-generate linework.

I DO NOT want the point group automatically created. Is there a setting to keep it from creating one?

Message 5 of 6
rl_jackson
in reply to: Nrhoads

Go to the survey user settings and set the points to insert on import = no

After you have inserted the point in the database, go to survey points, right-click and insert points - using this method will not create the additional group.

However, if you right-click the on the database at the file name level (*.txt) , and insert points, the unwanted group will still be created.

To me this is a major annoyance, that's been around since C3D12 (I think) as I can not remember v11 doing this.

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 6 of 6
Nrhoads
in reply to: rl_jackson

I have just been deleting that point group after I import but that is annoying too because sometimes I forget it's there and I'm like duh, where are my symbols??? Then it hits me!  They should have a setting to turn this on or off at least.

I also have a user defined point classification for notes (PNEZDN) and the NOTE isn't importing through survey but works fine if I import the points through prospector. Another annoyance...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report