Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Polylines in AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013 linked to excel

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
845 Views, 4 Replies

Polylines in AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013 linked to excel

I have several polylines in a drawing outlining existing surveys of parcels. I wish to select a polyline(s) and have that link me to an Excel sheet that would list the surveys associated with the polyline. I do not need it to update or list area or length or even appear on the drawing. Only to direct me to the survey drawing associated with the polyline.

Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
tcorey
in reply to: Anonymous

Apply a hyperlink.

Select the item on the screen and press Ctrl + K. Browse to the file to link.

Once the link is established, hold Ctrl and click the polyline to open the linked excel file.

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: tcorey

That does indeed link it to the excel file, and that is an improvement from where I was. Thank you. I was hoping to have the polyline selected also tell me which survey (or cell) listed inside the excel file corresponded with the polyline. I apologize for not being more specific in my initial post.

I suppose I could just link the polyline with the actual survey drawing, but it was asked of me to set it up to resource the excel list and the drawing could then be accessed through a link from there (which I do know how to do).

Oftentimes there is more than one polyline overlapping the interested parcel, and the spreadsheet would list all surveys on one page, showing every survey done for that area and the dates of each and I could select and view the drawings until I found the one needed. Back in our 2012 version, dbconnect command did that well. The 2013 does not.

Message 4 of 5
tcorey
in reply to: Anonymous

To jump to a specific place in the excel file, just add the hash symbol and the cell name, for example:

P:\Projects\14-101\ExcelFiles\Surveydata.xls#A90

When you ctrl+pick the object in the drawing, it will open the xls and go to that cell.

Best regards,

Tim

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: tcorey

That does it! Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report