Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Polyline interacting with feature lines FREEZE

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
cldehart
557 Views, 4 Replies

Polyline interacting with feature lines FREEZE

I have been having the same problem over and over lately.  I am trying to draw a polyline and when the cursor gets close to a grading feature line, AutoCAD freezes.  It has happened in 2012 and 2014.  Does anyone else have this same problem, and any suggestions?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
rkmcswain
in reply to: cldehart

UPDATE

Same problem here. Found that the application would FREEZE every time the cursor passed over a certain entity. It turned out to be a 500+ segment [AECC_PARCEL_SEGMENT] - as soon as I removed this from the drawing - everything went back to normal.

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Tags (1)
Message 3 of 5
BrianHailey
in reply to: rkmcswain

Are running object snaps on? I've seen times when using running object snaps that a drawing will come to a crawl.

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 4 of 5
rkmcswain
in reply to: BrianHailey

Not in my case. All of the status bar toggles were OFF. This particular AECC_PARCEL_SEGMENT resembled a feature line or polyline. I have no idea how it was created, and I don't think the author of the drawing does either. Oddly enough, if you got into selection mode inside of a command, you could select it. Just not hover over it with no command active.

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 5 of 5
cldehart
in reply to: rkmcswain

Sounds to me like the auto highlight selection tool, or possibly the rollover tool tips (there are two different types, one found in AutoCAD options, and one found in the drawing ambient settings)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report