Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Points!

13 REPLIES 13
Message 1 of 14
SeattleCADD
537 Views, 13 Replies

Points!

Hello All,

I hope some one can help me with this.

I want to create a set of points that represent for water wells. The info that I wnat to embed into these points are:

Name of wells; Northing and Easting; Owner property, and Parcel number of each well. There are about 50 points (wells). Also, i want to create a table that includes all the info (name of wells, northing and easting, Owner, and Parcel number. If I update the table, it will update the point (well).

Can anyone please show me how?

Thanks much!

Dennis

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
rl_jackson
in reply to: SeattleCADD

Sounds like something you might what to use Map function for instead.

But you could always set up some parcel styles that way, might be easier, since most of the data would be unusable from a survey prospective

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 14
mathewkol

You can't update a table and have it update points.  For the other things, look up user-defined properties.  there are tutorials at the Autodesk University site in addition to the C3D help file.

Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 4 of 14
ctbailey

try this drawing.  There are the UDP (User Defined Properties) added to the point settings.  Then you harness those UDPs as components to the label.   To build the list of points you can use any text editor, and import/export them into the drawing.  Or you can type the information directly into the points editing panorama.

Let me know if this example helps.

Craig

_______
Craig T. Bailey, PE, LLS, PSM
Bailey Associates
www.bailey-associates.com
Message 5 of 14
antoniovinci
in reply to: ctbailey

@ Seattle

Why don't you think about blocks with attributes?

1] draw a _POINT somewhere

2] assign attributes to it with the _ATTDEF command

3] make a _BLOCK of that rich point, naming it "WELL"

4] insert the new block "WELL" into the 50 locations, filling the attribute table

Message 6 of 14
SeattleCADD

Your WllUDP.dwg is on C3D 2012. I just have C3D 2011, so can't not see it. Could you please create it on 2011 and post it again!

Thanks much,

Dennis

Message 7 of 14
SeattleCADD

My previous message is for Craig T. Bailey! Thanks!

Message 8 of 14
ctbailey

Sure, no problem.  Here is one back to version 2010.  Sorry for the confusion.

UDP (User Defined Propertys) of points are very powerful, and when you couple them with expressions, you can do some cool labeling.

_______
Bailey Associates
Message 9 of 14
SeattleCADD

I got it! Thanks to Craig and everyone!

I have created a point (well) table with all the info. If I make some changes on property name or parcel number, where do I edit? I can not edit on the table? I can't make edits on the point group! Can you show me, Craig!

Thanks,

Dennis

Message 10 of 14
ctbailey

I put together a quick movie on some tips to try.  You'll need to unzip it, and then it should play in Internet Explorer.

Craig

_______
Bailey Associates
Message 11 of 14
antoniovinci
in reply to: ctbailey

Well done, Craig.

Here's a self-executable version of your great tutorial...

Message 12 of 14
SeattleCADD

Hi Craig,

what program plays this video? I have installed adobe flash player but still could not open it. Could you convert to other format that could open with standard window media player!

Sorry!

Message 13 of 14
SeattleCADD

Thank you !

Great job Craig! this video is very helpful.

Message 14 of 14
ctbailey
in reply to: antoniovinci

I'm glad to help.  I take it the swf file eventually played inside a browser?  Sorry about that.  I use "jing" for screen capture.  it works pretty good, but doesn't allow for other formats.

As for UDP, I hope you've got a good starting point. Your application is just what they are for.  In the future you might want to look into point file formats, so you can import/export points to and fro drawings and text files.

Craig

_______
Bailey Associates

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report