Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Points shift in paperspace

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
880 Views, 4 Replies

Points shift in paperspace

Hi Everyone,

I don't have the mental capacity to figure this out this morning.  Take a look at the two PNGs attached.  The modelspace PNG shows the point and label (11.921) on the curve.  The paperspace PNG shows the same point, now, offset down and right.  This is happening to all points.

Could be the cause are the points being actually at their Z values?  And I've typed UCS World/Plan Current in the layout.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
wfberry
in reply to: Anonymous

The two different locations perhaps is because there are two different lines.  (Outside curb and inside curb).

It is quite a chore to see without the actual drawing.

Bill

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: wfberry

No - turned out to be that the point was at an actual Z elevation (see attachment).  Chaing the elelvation to "0.000", yo can see the point moves back to the right position.  This seems to be a bug in the way paperspace displays object styles with Z values.  My grading feature lines exhibit the same shi(f)t. 

The Fix

Take a look at your point style, go to the "3D Geometry" tab, then to "Point Display Mode".  Set this to "Flatten Points to Elevation".  Apply, and Voila.

Is this a workaround? For me, yes, I like to have points in their correct Z space.  Some people might prefer to have them at zero, I don't know.  But the fact that unless we do this the points won't plot correctly is a bug.

Message 4 of 5
wfberry
in reply to: Anonymous

Perhaps you have something tilted.  I jumped through all your hoops and got no changes.  Do you want someone to look at your drawing or a piece of one?

Bill

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: wfberry

Thanks Bill - I've had drawings where this doesn't happen, then sometimes, it acts odd.  I've checked all the UCS/view possibilities, really weird.  I'm gonna stick my head in the sand on this one and give up pursuing it till it happens agian. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report