Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Points not functional when saved down to 2010

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
kyle
205 Views, 4 Replies

Points not functional when saved down to 2010

I need to save my drawings down from 2015 to 2010, I have tried "save-as" and when I do that and open it back up, the points are not functional, they're just blocks.  I have also tried exporting the dwg as 2010 format, and that only bring in the nodes, but none of the other associated data.

Thanks,

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
jmayo-EE
in reply to: kyle

Civil 3D is not backwards compatable from 15 to 10. I belive we can only go back to a 2013 version and still have Civil 3D objects. You will need to export the points to an asci or xml file.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
rkmcswain

In 2015, export the points to LandXML, or an ASCII file.
In 2010, import that file ^^^
R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 4 of 5
kyle
in reply to: jmayo-EE

but since I have a surface created in the drawing, by exporting the points, will it still be functional?

Message 5 of 5
Cadguru42

@KYLE wrote:

but since I have a surface created in the drawing, by exporting the points, will it still be functional?

Exporting does not alter the existing drawings or database. Or did you mean the saved down 2010 drawing? That drawing won't have a surface because C3D is only backwards compatible between 2013, 2014 and 2015 (minus the bugs).

C3D 2022-2024
Windows 10 Pro
32GB RAM

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report