Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Points and Wipeouts

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
idmadcadder
673 Views, 6 Replies

Points and Wipeouts

I've made blocks for the survey drawings that automatically get inserted to the points using the description keys. I have used a wipeout on some of these blocks to hide the line underneath where the block resides. There seems to be some kind of conflict with the wipeout and the block being associated with the point. Has anyone else seen this issue?

Brent Daley
Civil Designer/CAD Services Manager
The Land Group, Inc.

Civil 3D 2011
Dell Precision 690
Intel Xeon 2.00GHz Dual Core
4 GB RAM, 256mb nVidia Quadro FX 550
Windows 7 Pro, 64-bit
Civil 3D 2016 SP1
Windows 10 x64
Core i7 3.40 GHz 8gb RAM
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Sinc
in reply to: idmadcadder

If you're talking about the draw order bug, then yes, that's been in Civil 3D from the beginning.

Basically, draw order is ignored inside of blocks when those blocks are used in C3D Point Styles. Instead, the objects in the block display based on the order in which they are created. So in your block definition, you have to create your wipeout before creating any of the other items in your block definition.

Of course, that can be tricky. So the easiest course is usually to create your block and add the wipeout. Then, still in your block definition, copy everything but the wipeout, and delete the original entities. The linework should now stay on top of the wipeout when you use the block in C3D Point Styles.

-- Sinc
http://www.ejsurveying.com
http://www.quuxsoft.com
Sinc
Message 3 of 7
idmadcadder

Worked like a charm. Thanks.

Brent Daley
The Land Group, Inc.
Civil 3D 2016 SP1
Windows 10 x64
Core i7 3.40 GHz 8gb RAM
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

We're just now venturing into Civil 3d and used an old LDD block that had a
wipeout in it. Basically it is a circle with the center wiped out. It came
across into Civil3d perfectly, it even scales up with the drawing scale.

wrote in message news:6399745@discussion.autodesk.com...
I've made blocks for the survey drawings that automatically get inserted to
the points using the description keys. I have used a wipeout on some of
these blocks to hide the line underneath where the block resides. There
seems to be some kind of conflict with the wipeout and the block being
associated with the point. Has anyone else seen this issue?

Brent Daley
The Land Group, Inc.

Civil 3D 2011
Dell Precision 690
Intel Xeon 2.00GHz Dual Core
4 GB RAM, 256mb nVidia Quadro FX 550
Windows 7 Pro, 64-bit
Message 5 of 7
witten
in reply to: Sinc

I got this to work, however it appears that the wipeout frame can not be turned off in its point state...I can see the frame in the point block but no wipeout frames on other dynamic blocks in the drawing...we typically place all wipeouts on color 254,255,255 to print the wipeout as a "white" printed on paper it becomes a solid white blocking out the background elements....

Message 6 of 7
rl_jackson

You shouldn't need to set it to any particular color. I use ctb and set them to layer 0 so they take on the color set by the description keys. What the wipeouut doe's is take on the color of your background. That's how it does the wipeouut. As fare as the frame goes I don't think I've ever paid that much attention to it cause it doesn't print

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 7 of 7
witten
in reply to: rl_jackson

That's right, you should not need to place the wipeout on a particular color, however during printing/plotting PDF's containing wipeouts some of our in-house and client printers would print them solid black...I changed the colors of the wipeout to 254,255,255 and it fixed the issue. Now, I have heard about them still printing black in some cases but it just required a print driver update. Also try "flattening" the PDF prior to printing or printing as an image..

-Best.

Jason

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report