Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Point import limits to 20 points, why?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
DanielBurns3250
1160 Views, 6 Replies

Point import limits to 20 points, why?

When importing points from a text file the points stop importing after 20 points.  I have reviewed the text file and it is formatted correctly.  So I tried deleting the first 20 points to see if there was an error in the line it stopped at, and tried to import again.  It imported the next 20 and stopped.

I've recently loaded 2015 and this is my first import since loading 2015.  Is there a setting somewhere that I have missed?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
awood
in reply to: DanielBurns3250

Can you share the point file for someone to test.

I don't have a point import limit, that I have found, in 2015.

AWood

Message 3 of 7

Review the point file and verify that you do not have a GPS reference station or some other anomaly around point number 20

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 7
doni49

Go back to the orig file and delete the first 10 pts.  Reimport.  Does it still stop at 20 pts (as opposed to stopping at pt #10)?

If so, it has nothing to do with that 20th pt.  If it stops at #10 (which was previously the 20th pt) then there is a problem with that point.

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 5 of 7
jmayo-EE

Did anyone edit the point file format to limit the import to 20 points? See the attachment. There is a radio button and field to do so.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 6 of 7
Musakaa

I've the same problem with you . Did you find the solution?

Message 7 of 7
Jay_B
in reply to: Musakaa

This is an old thread, you'll get likely more replies by creating a new thread.

I can import all 1892 points from the files just fine here using Civil 3d 2016 SP2.

As a means of troubleshooting, have you tried importing the points using all DEFAULT civil 3d settings beginning with a default Civil 3d dwt such as _AutoCAD Civil 3D (Imperial) NCS.dwt or _AutoCAD Civil 3D (Metric) NCS.dwt ?

This can rule out a lot of possible issues within a custom dwt or existing dwg.

Is the read no more than box checked here as suggested here in this thread by @jmayo-EE ?

Settings Tab of Toolspace > Point > Point File Format > Double click on the Point file format you're using during point import.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report