Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Point dragged state arrowheads point "down"?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
mcloughlin
174 Views, 3 Replies

Point dragged state arrowheads point "down"?

Opened up a drawing, added some points, dragged them (dragged label style with standard filled arrowheads).  

Although all of these points are at or near the same elevation, some of the arrowheads seem to point "down" perpendicular to the drawing, as shown in the appended image.  Why is this?  Points were snapped identically to line ends in the drawing, all using the same styles.  

How may we remedy this issue so that all arrowheads appear "normal"?

Thanks for the help.

Dragged Point Arrowhead B 12 Jun 2014.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
sboon
in reply to: mcloughlin

OK that's a new one - don't think I've ever seen this behaviour before.  Just to confirm, if you use the ORBIT command to rotate your viewpoint do the arrows still appear to be pointing downward?

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 3 of 4
mcloughlin
in reply to: sboon

When using Orbit, I find "ERROR: Could not instantiate AecDict!"  Point labels and arrows are not visible.  

Worse, when reverting to "top" view, I now receive the same error, and all points are invisible, even with REGENALL.  

Message 4 of 4
rkmcswain
in reply to: mcloughlin

I've recently run across some drawings where the arrow and leader showed in the drawing, but would not plot.

It turned out that the layer of the label style was missing (there was a string in the layer field something like "ax:fkjdvbfvjsbdv"). I changed it to a legit layer name and everything started working.

I suspect an AUDIT would have fixed it too.

You might examine the style for oddities and run AUDIT.

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report