Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Point coordinate system issue

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
autoMick
296 Views, 1 Reply

Point coordinate system issue

Hi,

I have a drawing in which I am trying to compare 2 surfaces derived from points generated in 2 different coordinate systems.

I have my drawing set up in MGA-56 using mapcsassign. The first set of points was originally generated in this same coordinate system and as expected creates a surface at the right coordinates.

My second set of points were generated in an older system: AMG-56 (Australian Map Grid Zone 56, using AGD84 datum). I have set up a point file format as shown in the attached. I tick "do coordinate transformation if possible' and add this to my 2nd surface. It seems that no matter what I pick for the point coordinate system, the new points are in the wrong location - the coordinate conversion doesn't seem to happen.

Am I missing something?

Thanks

- Mick

CoordSys.JPG

Civil3d user in Australia since 2012.
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
autoMick
in reply to: autoMick

Well, I was going to just delete this thread, but I though the solution might be useful to someone. I found my answer at http://civilintentions.blogspot.com.au/2012/02/civil-3d-point-file-coordinate.html. The trick is to make sure you make the Easting = Grid Easting and Northing = Grid Northing in the point file format.

Obvious really.

- Mick

Civil3d user in Australia since 2012.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report