Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Point cloud classification problems

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Robert_Eriksson
5108 Views, 3 Replies

Point cloud classification problems

Hi!

I got a problem when im supposed to only use one classification from my point cloud. When importing my point cloud to civil i got no porlem to create a surface from my point cloud (See picture 1). How ever i only want to use 1 of my 3 avaliable classifications. When trying to turn of unclassified, and water from the edit point cloud style i get 0 point when trying to create a surface. (See picture 2). When turning on all of my 3 avaliable classifications i only get hits from the unclassified classification. (See picture 3). Picture 1  and 3 really shopul look the same but as you se it dosent.  Seems like im donig everything rigt but it just wont work for me. Any idea what my problem is? In picture 3 you will se my classification aswell

Im using civil3D 2011.

Best regards Robert Eriksson

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

For some reason Autodesk decided to leave out the LiDAR classification feature on Civil 2013.  You can do it in the 2012 version, but not 2013.  This is from another thread...from what I know that the issue hasn't been resloved.

Re: LiDAR Classification
05-24-2012 07:29 AM in reply to: harshbarg

Update:

Straight from Autodesk Tech.

This issue you are reporting with the LiDAR Point Classification Style is a known issue with the 2013 product. I personally had logged this with Development a few weeks ago and it is currently under review with our Development Team.

Unfortunately there is not any known workaround for the time being, as attempting to import the same style from 2012 yields the same results. (BUT it works in 2012) I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

As I mentioned on the phone I have logged this with Development for further review and I have linked this case to it. Per our policy we will now go ahead and close this case, leaving it linked to Development’s issue.

Very frustrated with Autodesk.  Why bring out an updated product each year and not fix the pre-existing issues?!?!?  Every update brings more issues to deal with.  Just my opinion.

Message 3 of 4

You say that i works in the 2012 version of C3D but does it work in the 2011 version of C3D, since this is the version that im currently working in?

Or am i just doing it wrong?

Message 4 of 4

Sorry, I just assumed you were working in C3D 2013 since I ran into a simliar problem.  I have only used 2012 and 2013, I am no help when it comes to 2011.

Best of luck.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report