AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

zancudo_tj
Message 1 of 29 (950 Views)

Point attribute data will disappear over time

950 Views, 28 Replies
11-15-2011 02:20 PM

I am working with points with attribute information, importing a .csv into civil3d 2010 via custom fields in the user define classifications and import with a custom import format. All my points fall on the correct layers and all is good. I can select a point and view all the attribute information under the unclassified tab in my properties tab i.e. road name, width,  surface….. I create an individual dwg, save it and insert it into a master dwg. At this point all my attributes are in the master drawing and no problems what so ever. However for some reason all my attribute information is disappearing over time, it could be five minutes later or it could be the next day. I have exported points with hopes they are just not showing up in the properties window but no luck there. Any idea where or why the data is being dropped??

thanks for any help you can throw this way,

Ty

*Expert Elite*
tcorey
Message 2 of 29 (937 Views)

Re: Point attribute data will disappear over time

11-15-2011 07:02 PM in reply to: zancudo_tj

Are the same User Defined Property Classifications in the drawing that you're xrefing into?

Tim Corey, Owner
Delta Engineering Systems
Redding, CA
Autodesk Authorized Value-Added Reseller
zancudo_tj
Message 3 of 29 (927 Views)

11-16-2011 05:12 AM in reply to: tcorey

Yes the template that was created for the individual drawings and was saved as the “master dwg”. So the properties of both drawings are the same. Another strange item I cant figure out – and this may have something to do with my data disappearing – is that I created a custom _PENZD import format with Point(A), Northing(B), Easting(C), Elevation(D), Description(E), then assigning previously created fields for the attribute data in the unused columns in that format for F,G,H,I,J,K,L,M,N, and O.   F-O being attributes of that point – example - road name, type, surface, width, crossing method, notes, etc.

Once the points have been imported in cad I can click a point and see all the information in my properties tab under Unclassified , BUT the order for some reason is scrambled – H,K,I,J,L,M,N,O,F, AND G?????

zancudo_tj
Message 4 of 29 (924 Views)

11-16-2011 05:14 AM in reply to: tcorey

I also had a typo, i am working in Civil3D 2012 not 2010.

Contributor
tdunn3
Message 5 of 29 (821 Views)

07-10-2012 06:28 AM in reply to: zancudo_tj

I am having the same problem with attribute data dissappearing. Has anyone found a solution to this problem or experiencing the same issue?

Contributor
stevekersey
Message 6 of 29 (800 Views)

07-16-2012 10:37 AM in reply to: zancudo_tj

C3D 2012-It might be worth remarking that setting up extended user defined point properties in a survey database and importing them into the drawing to create a point classification sets C3D up to import and export CSV files with the attributes much better than the other way around even if you don't intend to bring points into the drawing from the survey database.

Contributor
tdunn3
Message 7 of 29 (785 Views)

07-16-2012 02:27 PM in reply to: stevekersey

I can bring in the attributes from the survey database with no problem, but as soon as I delete a point on accident out of my drawing and undo all my attribute data still goes away. 

Contributor
stevekersey
Message 8 of 29 (775 Views)

07-17-2012 04:59 AM in reply to: zancudo_tj

We've found that C3D 2012 can be very sensitive to deleting a point graphically from the drawing, especially if you try an undo after this deletion.  We now only delete points from toolspace/prosector.

Contributor
tdunn3
Message 9 of 29 (768 Views)

07-17-2012 01:21 PM in reply to: zancudo_tj

I just tried Civil3D 2013 and it still has the same problem with the attributes falling off. I do not see any solution to this except not to undo a deleted point. Has anyone else had the attributes fall off a point doing anything else?

Contributor
KTitus
Message 10 of 29 (521 Views)

06-04-2013 12:56 PM in reply to: zancudo_tj

We're also experiencing this problem - Has anyone developed a work-around? We've tried locking all the points in the dwg but it still removes the user defined values when we delete/undo delete.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Civil 3D Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for AutoCAD Civil 3D helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Civil 3D

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs