Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Point Styles

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
ChristopherHinkley
366 Views, 3 Replies

Point Styles

I have setup a template in civil 3d for our survey crew and subconsultants.  However, I have hit a bit of a snag I created about 2 dozen extisting blocks that are drawn to the .1 scale.  When I use the description keys in sync with the point style half of the styles come into scale and the other half don't.  I have gone back and forth to make sure that the block is to the correct scale and the point style insertion is set to  .1".

Any thoughts, Ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Chris

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: ChristopherHinkley

Just one question, why did you make them at .1 scale. I have made all my point blocks 1' in size (1'=1') and they come in fine and if for some reason I have to change annotation scale they adjust as well. Some blocks that you make you might have to experiment with to find the size in the end that fits the look you were going for at any drawing scale. Remember, Civil has a few hicups. Points imported through survey tab, act different then if imported from point creation dialog. And if imported from point creation dialog check to see if you have any overrides in place. When creating your key and associating a block make sure you state use drawing scale = .1"

Message 3 of 4
Jay_B
in reply to: ChristopherHinkley

One thing to try is in the Point Styles on the Marker Tab set this to "Use drawing Scale."

Think of this similarly to text height scaling annotation scaling. When this Point Style is inserted in a drawing at

a 1:1 scale the symbol height as shown is 0.25" so when multiplied by a Model Space drawing scale of 1"=30' it will

measure 7.5 in Model Space.

0.25 x 30 = 7.5 etc.

Point Styles.PNG

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 4 of 4
ESchomberg
in reply to: Jay_B

Yeah but I have to go in and scale down each object one by one @  .004       Even in my description code set, if I tell it to use drawing scale it does not work.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report