Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Point Object Rotation as a UDP?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
seattlesurvey
246 Views, 4 Replies

Point Object Rotation as a UDP?

Is there any way to define point object rotation as a User Defined Property AND be able to use that property to set drawing point rotation upon import of a point file?

Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
sjg
Advisor
in reply to: seattlesurvey

You can add a rotation value within your description keys, either by a value within your point description or just user specified value.
Steve Goessling
Land Consultants
Civil3D 2015
Windows 7, 64 bit
Intel i7 2600 @ 3.40Ghz
16 GB RAM
Nvidia Quadro 600
Message 3 of 5
seattlesurvey
in reply to: sjg

Thanks Steve.  Instead of applying a global rotation by dkey, I'd like to be able to export a population of drawing points with their manually-set object rotations intact.  User defined properties is the only tool I can think of that might do this.  Maybe there's another way.

So, is it possible to preserve object rotation, and have C3D recognize and apply that property upon import of a point file containing this info?

Again, thanks.

Message 4 of 5
Sinc
in reply to: seattlesurvey

It is possible to do that programmatically, via the API.  I don't know of any other way.

Sinc
Message 5 of 5
seattlesurvey
in reply to: Sinc

Thanks Sinc.  Out of my league.

I was trying to come up with other solutions for the battle to provide data to a client running an earlier version of the program.  Back to the drawing board.  This is just bad.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report