Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Point Node at 0

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
jyouness
1496 Views, 3 Replies

Point Node at 0

I am woring with Civil 3d '14.  For some reason all of my points, even though they have assigned elevations, their nodes are at 0.00 which makes it difficult to do any soft of point grading.  Does anyone know how to adjust the settings so the point node is at the elevation of the point?   The image attached shows a line which was drawn from the node of one point to the node of another point.  Notice the z elevation of said line.  Thanks for you imput.  

Tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
jyouness
in reply to: jyouness

I was finally able to solve it!!  Here is the solution incase anyone runs into this problem.

Go to the Settings tab of Toolspace, expand the Point, and expand the Point Styles node. Right-click on the Generic style and choose Edit. On the 3D Geometry tab set the Point Display Mode to Use Point Elevation and click OK. Make sure your OSNAPZ variable is set to 0 and you should be good to go.

Message 3 of 4
mathewkol
in reply to: jyouness

Good work.  Glad you found your answer.  I'd like to clarify for future users.

The style you needed to edit was GENERIC.  For future users, they may have to edit many styles.  They need to edit any style that is being used in the drawing to display points.

Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 4 of 4
sboon
in reply to: mathewkol

There is another potential cause for this.  If you check the Overrides tab of your Point Group there is an Elevation option there.  If that is turned on then it will control.

Steve
Please use the Accept as Solution or Kudo buttons when appropriate

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report