Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Point Marker Insertion Scale

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
mcloughlin
368 Views, 5 Replies

Point Marker Insertion Scale

I asked about this before, but received no useful responses, and I know that others are encountering the same issue.  

We are working in Civil 3D 2014. 

We have many survey monument point markers set so that they will display at 0.1 the drawing scale size, i.e., if the drawing is set at 1"=10', these survey point markers are intended to appear at 1.0 ft. diameter, etc. (see appended sketch).

Our survey point markers are all derived from blocks whose units are set to FEET (not inches).  In all point styles and in all of the description key sets, markers set so that they will display at 0.1 the drawing scale size. 

However, in Civil 3D 2014, insertion of points seems somehow to expand these markers as shown in the sketch.  If we insert the same symbol as a simple block at the same scale, the inserted block appears at the correct scake.  ONLY when inserted as point markers do these markers seem to "expand" as shown.   

Many others seem to be having this same problem, and answers that I’ve found on this forum haven’t seemed to clarify the matter.  Is there a way to ensure that point markers insert at the specified scale? 

Thanks for the help. 

Point Styles - Marker Scale.jpg

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
doni49
in reply to: mcloughlin

If you post a dwg file with a few of these points in it, someone will take a look.

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 3 of 6
Pointdump

McL,

When that block was first created, was this box checked?

Block.png

And in Properties, is the Annotative Box checked?

Block2.png

Dave

Dave Stoll
Las Vegas, Nevada

EESignature

64GB DDR4 2400MHz ECC SoDIMM / 1TB SSD
NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB
Windows 10 Pro 64 / Civil 3D 2024
Message 4 of 6
rl_jackson

I would bet the the units of the block are in inches. You might also check the insertion settings in options to verify that it is set to unitless.

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 6
Pointdump
in reply to: rl_jackson

RL,
That's what I think, too, but McL swears not. I also wonder about the origin of the block. Last time he posted this problem, I suggested he create the same block, only in his C3D drawing, and see if that makes a difference.

When you insert a block in C3D, what's the difference between Feet and Unitless?

McL,
Post your drawing.

Dave

Dave Stoll
Las Vegas, Nevada

EESignature

64GB DDR4 2400MHz ECC SoDIMM / 1TB SSD
NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB
Windows 10 Pro 64 / Civil 3D 2024
Message 6 of 6
mathewkol

If the block is set to annotatibe or not makes no difference. Civil 3D ignore that and just uses the geometry.

MÇL, check the X, Y and Z scales of pt 7002, are they anything but 1.0?

Attaching the DWG may help if they are set to 1.0. ,
Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report