Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Point Label Styles in dragged state

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
mwilson2
932 Views, 8 Replies

Point Label Styles in dragged state

I have a point label style that uses two different text heights. I set the dragged state display to "as composed" but the justification seems to only work by setting the dragged state to "stacked". If I use the "stacked" setting, I can't have two different text heights. Am I missing something?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
mathewkol
in reply to: mwilson2

You're not missing anything. I'm not aware of a workaround.
Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 3 of 9
mwilson2
in reply to: mathewkol

Thanks Matt. That is what I was afraid of. Same text height it is.

Message 4 of 9
Sinc

The workaround is to create some text in the MTEXT editor, and copy-and-paste it into the Text Component Editor.

For example, I created an MTEXT editor with 0.10" text, and typed two lines that said TEXT.  Then I selected the second line, and changed its text height to 0.08".  Here's the result:

MTEXT.png

Next, select both lines, and hit CTRL-C to copy.  Go into your Label Style, in the Text Component Editor, and hit CTRL+V to paste.  Now select the top line, then in the left half of the editor, select whatever you want for your "big text" and hit the arrow to insert the field into the right side.  Repeat with the smaller text.

You'll now have a label that keeps the big and small text in both dragged and undragged states.

This would be a lot easier if we could adjust text size from within the Text Component Editor, rather than needing to copy-and-paste from the MTEXT editor.

Sinc
Message 5 of 9
Sinc
in reply to: Sinc

Here's an image of what a sample result looks like in the Text Component Editor:

TCE.png

The Parcel Name will display using the Text Height from the Label Style, and the area below it will print at 0.8x the Text Height from the Label Style.

Sinc
Message 6 of 9
mathewkol

Really? I have done that before and when the dragged state is Stacked it goes all to one size. I'll have to try it again.
Matt Kolberg
Message 7 of 9
Sinc

Here's an example.  The "North Parcel" and "South Parcel" are using the same Label Style.

LabelHeight.png

This label style uses "Stacked Text".

I typically don't use "As Composed", beause as far as I'm concerned, it's broken.  The leader doesn't work correctly.  I know there's a way to work around the issue by creating a "Left" and a "Right" version of the same label style, but I view that as an unacceptable mess, pushing the "Label Style Breeding Problem" to unacceptable levels.

Sinc
Message 8 of 9
mathewkol

Great! Thanks Sinc. I'll have to try that one again.
Matt Kolberg
Message 9 of 9
mwilson2

Very nice. Excellent workaround. Thanks!

Mike

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report