Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Point Label Styles - dragged state

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
_Hathaway
1308 Views, 12 Replies

Point Label Styles - dragged state

I have a question regarding point label styles and dragged state settings.  When dragging point labels to a more legible location the color of the point number, elevation and description revert to a ‘bylayer’ setting.  I don’t want this, I want them to keep the colors they have pre-dragged state.  We control our pen weights by color.  For example: the point number is usually the darkest and the elevation and description are much lighter, they are not all one color which is what we are forced to have when dragging point labels.

It just seems like very strange behavior, why allow us to change the color of the individual components of an un-dragged point label but not a dragged point label style.

Is there a way around this?

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: _Hathaway

Change the dragging state setting in the point label style to the color of choice. It is problably set to bylayer.

Message 3 of 13
_Hathaway
in reply to: Anonymous

Thanks, but you didn't understand my question and situation.  We don't want or need the point number, elevation and description to be all one color , we want the ability to have individual colors just like they exist pre dragged state.

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous

Sorry about that.  Is your dragged state set to as composed or stacked. As composed keeps all setting as pre dragged state.

Message 5 of 13
_Hathaway
in reply to: Anonymous

When I set it to composed my justification and leaders lines get all messed up.  But yes it does keep the colors the same, just not in a legible state.

Message 6 of 13
Jeff_M

In the label style composer, for each text component you can force the color on the Format tab. Setting your colors to the specific colors here will affect both of the dragged state settings (As composed or Stacked text)

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 7 of 13
BrianHailey
in reply to: Jeff_M

Perhaps this will help. It also works for point labels in a dragged state.

http://civil3dplus.wordpress.com/2010/01/20/dragged-state-point-label/

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 8 of 13
_Hathaway
in reply to: BrianHailey

Brian, I have found that workaround but I want more than a work around for a function that used to work just fine in LDD.  I don't want to have to rotate each and every point 180 degrees, that seems...well cumbersome and inefficient but since that's what Autodesk gave us I guess that's what I'm forced to do.  

I like 3d in general it's just these little things that really really annoy me and often ask myself 'who thought of this and why did they set it up this way when it worked perfectly fine before?

They really need some beta testers in real world scenarios.

Message 9 of 13
Jeff_M

@_Hathaway wrote:

They really need some beta testers in real world scenarios.

Did you try my solution? Many of the Beta testers ARE real world users. Perhaps you'd like to sign up and give your input on the next version(s)? https://beta.autodesk.com/signup/

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 10 of 13
_Hathaway
in reply to: Jeff_M

Sorry Brian, somehow I missed your post.  You have the solution,much thanks. 

Powerful software,  but the setup can be brutal to figure out.

One last question, hopefully an easy answer.  How can I keep my point number, elevations and descriptions from being flipped when in a dragged state.  Undragged state = #, Elev, Descr.  Dragged state = Descr, Elev, #.  Probably an obscure toggle somewhere?

Message 11 of 13
bruce.jordan

No toggle, you just need to create your components in the layout tab in the order you want displayed if you drag it out.

-Bruce

Message 12 of 13
_Hathaway
in reply to: bruce.jordan

Thanks much, that fixed it!

Wow, yet another unknown and not obvious by any stretch of the imagination setting/function.  We've been using the out of the box style and just modifying it to meet our needs.  We'll definitly be fixing that soon.

Message 13 of 13
BrianHailey

The OOTB styles are pretty good for the most part but some of them just suck. I wonder if they were included with the software with the intent to be used in production or just as an example of some styles.

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report