Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Point Groups Elevations

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
jeremy.2012
603 Views, 7 Replies

Point Groups Elevations

I have two different point groups that I am using in my drawing.  One is from a survey done a few years ago and the other is from one that I did just the other day. 

I don't have a problem inserting the points or whatnot, but the issue I am having is that when I click "Datum" to adjust the elevations of my new point group (to make my benchmark 100.00'), Civil 3D alters all of my points; including the ones from the older survey.

So I am wonding if there is a way to adjust elevations to only one set of points.  

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Hidden_Brain
in reply to: jeremy.2012

does the new point group include the old points as well? same points can be part of different groups.

Message 3 of 8
jeremy.2012
in reply to: Hidden_Brain

No, I have them renumbered starting at 500 while the old survey points start at 1.

Message 4 of 8
Jeff_M

Which version of C3D? Where/when are you clicking Datum?

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 5 of 8
jeremy.2012
in reply to: Jeff_M

Civil 2013.  After I select the point from my newest survey to adjust elevation, the COGO Point ribbon appears and I select datum.  

Message 6 of 8
Jeff_M

OK, when you use that option, note the little help that pops up as you hover over the ribbon button:

2-28-2013 7-00-22 AM.png

Do do what you want, after the points are in the drwing and your Point Group is set to use those points, in the prospector select the point group, right-click and choose Select. This will select all of the points in the point group, now right-click in the drawing editor and choose Datum. This Datum method will only affect the selected points.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 7 of 8
Hidden_Brain

i remember something similar from a previous thread:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Civil-3D/Warning-Cogo-Point-Datum-Adjustment/m-p/2694405/highl...

i guess a workaround would be to select the point group in the prospector>edit and then apply the datum adjustment

**EDIT**

I see that Jeff has already clarified this.

Message 8 of 8
jeremy.2012
in reply to: Hidden_Brain

Jeff's way worked!  Thanks everybody for the quick repsonses

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report