Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plus signs

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
neilyj666
5012 Views, 11 Replies

Plus signs

Made a selection and am unsure what the plus signs indicate - see screenshot - any ideas

Thanks

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: neilyj666

Are you in WCS? or a UCS? 

Reid

Message 3 of 12
Kyle-Evans
in reply to: Anonymous

That "+" sign looks like it is attatched to a hatch? I think that means add another vertice in your hatch.

Message 4 of 12
neilyj666

In WCS - there are several polyline objects on top of each other too

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous

Survey point markers? Are they selectabe individually? Could also be a linetype, properties are listed as varies. Make them continuous.

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous

There have been AutoCAD enhancements the polyline grip editing features.

That looks similar to your screen shot.

more info can be found at link below.

http://exchange.autodesk.com/autocad/enu/online-help/browse#WS1a9193826455f5ffa23ce210c4a30acaf-6939...

Hope that helps,

Kyle

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous

I realize this post is old but came across same thing with AutoCAD C3D when i converted a compound curve from my corridor into a 3dpoly then turned my 3dpoly into 2dpoly. AutoCAD wont let me manipulate this curve in anyway other then moving me verticies aroud... all i want to do is join it to other poly lines, ugh! Compound curve on the other side of the intersection worked fine with no plus signs so im lost now.

Would be nice is Autodesk could provide more info about these plus signs.

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous

Spoiler
I dealt with this issue just yesterday. I created a feature line from an alignment. Exploded the feature line to get a 3d Polyline. At this point, I got the crosses. It appears that what is going on is that there are duplicated vertices at or very close to those points. I went back to the feature line and weeded it. Several points were weeded out. When I exploded again, no more crosses.
Spoiler

Message 9 of 12
BrianHailey

If you have duplicate polylines and select them and then zoom, the plus symbols show up.

HERE

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 10 of 12
stephen.payne

If you make a selection of two or more objects and there are some grip points 'shared' or 'stacked', C3d will only display one grip with a grey plus sign to indicate there are two or more grip points from separate objects.

This would be the case if you were to select a closed polyline and the hatch within, the the endpoint grips would have no 'plus' markers but the midpoints would as there is one grip for the polyline midpoint and one directly beneath for the hatch midpoint.

If you were to hover over the midpoint on a polyline in order to edit the vertex, this will not work if the 'plus' sign is there as you are attempting to edit two objects at once.

I beleive if you use selectioncycling you can cycle through mutiple selected objects that are stacked on top of each other.

Stephen

Stephen Payne
Message 11 of 12
tedwards1968

The "plus" symbol on polylines indicates there are duplicate polylines joined together.  One polyline on top of the other in the exact same place and joined.  Explode the polyline and window the area where the sign shows up and you will find there are more than one line in that area.  erase one of them and rejoin them as a polyline and the "plus" sign goes away.

Message 12 of 12
m.krajnc

Use overkill command.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report