Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plotting and Annotative text

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
toines
1669 Views, 6 Replies

Plotting and Annotative text

I worked with civil 3d at my old job and we had always set our plot scale 1"=1' and then in the viewport set the standard scale to be the scale of our drawing.  Now at my new job we are moving from land desktop to civil 3d and my boss wants to use the plot scale to be the same as the drawing scale and the standard scale be 1:1.  when I do this all my civil 3d objects are too small to be legible.  I have tried setting the annotation scale to be the drawing scale and the standard scale to be 1:1 but as soon as you switch viewports or regen the text objects shrink back down.

thank you

Tom O. 

Aberdeen, SD

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
IanMcClain
in reply to: toines

Try setting the following:

PSLTSCALE=1

MSLTSCALE=1

Then you should be able to change your annotation scale in model space to whaterver suits your task while your viewports will retain their scales.

Ian McClain
Message 3 of 7
toines
in reply to: IanMcClain

I tried that and I am not having much luck the text still appears like the screen shot below when I have the plot scale of 1"=40 [screen shot 1.jpg] I can have it display the way I want it when I set the plot scale to 1"=1 [screen shot 2.jpg] My boss still wants to be able to dimension in paper space so I do not know if I am setting it up wrong or that we should change to do our text and dimensioning in model space. Thank you Tom O.
Message 4 of 7
IanMcClain

The pictures did not show up.

What kind of objects are you dealing with?

Ian McClain
Message 5 of 7
toines
in reply to: IanMcClain

The objects are just the alignments, profiles, surfaces, etc. and there associated labels and text. Is it common to plot at your drawing scale or is it more common to plot 1"=1' and scale your viewports.
Message 6 of 7
IanMcClain

I don't know what is more common, but I personally keep paper space at 1 to 1 and set scales in my viewports.

I'm not sure what you are doing, but viewing obects at 1"=1' will always be tiny in model space. I change my model space scale to whatever is conveinent to my current task or match it to the scale of my main viewport (1"=20', 30', 40' etc.)

If it is only annotative text that is giving you isues, set ANNOAUTOSCALE = 4, change to the scale you need, or to 1:1 and then back. This will add the scale to those annotative objects.

Ian McClain
Message 7 of 7
mathewkol

Plotting in paper space with any scale other than 1 is WRONG and old school. Not to mention that Civil 3D doesn't work like that. Tell your boss that he can't use Civil 3D AND be able to change the plot scale in paper space to whatever the drawing scale will be.

The correct way is to set up paper space so it plots at a scale of 1, make viewpoerts and set their scales properly, the way your boss is doing it is setting the viewports to a scake of 1 and using the plot scale to make it plot correctly. Civil 3D can't be made to deal with this, period.
Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report