Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plotter config to Landscape ANSI D on 36" roll

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
GreeneSWCD
2071 Views, 5 Replies

Plotter config to Landscape ANSI D on 36" roll

I have an HP Designjet 800 that is currently loaded with a 36" roll.  I'd like to print to ANSI D in a landscape orientation, but D (landscape) isn't an option in the paper size drop down.  Printing D in portrait orientation just wastes a bunch of paper space. 

How do I change the paper from 22x34 to 34x22?  (or vice versa, whichever way I need). 

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
antoniovinci
in reply to: GreeneSWCD

Install this free beauty and you'll forget every damned wasting-paper plot trouble, sir.

Message 3 of 6
GreeneSWCD
in reply to: antoniovinci

Oh if it was just that easy....  I'm on the Common Computing Environment with the US Government, so installing any outside program without consent from the top isn't going to happen.   

Any other options? 

Message 4 of 6
antoniovinci

GreeneSWCD wrote:

installing any outside program

This is definetely NOT an "outside" program, it's a genuine HP tool...
It simply lets you save time, paper and ink: in one word, money.
I think your boss should talk with the IT department, sir.

Message 5 of 6
ccoles

Does the HP Designjet 800 not have an 'Autorotate' function in the plot driver? Every Designjet plotter I've used in the last 10 years have had an 'autorotate' switch within the printer driver, accessable by clicking on 'printer properties' on the plot set-up window.

You can also go to the print driver on your windows printer devices window, and set that function to default. I did that, and have had no problems with wasted paper as you have described.

Windows 7 64-bit
Dell Precision T5610, Dual-Xeon 2.6Ghz, 16 Gig RAM
Civil 3D 2013
Message 6 of 6
GreeneSWCD
in reply to: ccoles

Turns out that I had a HP Designjet 800 driver for a 24" bed plotter, not the wide 42" plotter like I have.  I unistalled the 24" driver and then installed the 42" driver, and voila!  Now I have both ANSI D (portrait) and ANSI D (landscape) options in my paper size drop down in set up. 

And a nice added caveat from HP, they include HP ePrint and Share program with the new driver.  😉 

Thanks for everyone's help.

Jeremiah

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report