AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

Contributor
mikeharris17
Message 1 of 3 (386 Views)

Plot profile below datum

386 Views, 2 Replies
04-14-2012 04:54 AM

I have a profile view that shows two ditch profiles in it, for right and left ditch.  They are similar in elevation, so they overlap some in the profile view.  Is there a way to show one of them at a set interval below its actual datum, like say, 5'?  Short of drawing in a dummy profile or expolding it - which I'm going to do shortly....

*Expert Elite*
sboon
Message 2 of 3 (360 Views)

Re: Plot profile below datum

04-15-2012 06:39 PM in reply to: mikeharris17

I've never heard of any way to show a profile at any elevation other than what it actually is.

What you might be able to do is create a profile view style that doesn't show anything, or at least puts things on a no-plot layer.  Then put one of the ditch profiles in that profile view and overlay it on top of the original one.  Adjust the elevation limits of the no-plot view to shift that profile up or down.

*Expert Elite*
BrianHailey
Message 3 of 3 (359 Views)

Re: Plot profile below datum

04-15-2012 07:17 PM in reply to: mikeharris17

I would recommend the same as Steve.

Brian Hailey
CAD-1.com
My Blog
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.