Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please help create a surface from this survey.

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
653 Views, 4 Replies

I used to be pretty good at this back in the LDD days, but not now...

I just cant crate a surface from this survey...

Any help greatly appreciated...

Thank you in advance.

jim

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
troma
in reply to: Anonymous

Have you worked through the Civil 3D tutorials?  They cover the basics qutie well.

Creating a surface is easy:

1. Create surface
  2. Add data to surface

The hard part is that it depends on what data you have.

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 3 of 5
sjg
Advisor

Did someone do a topo survey for this area? If so, hopefully you won't plan on using it for any design. They really did a number on the contours with smoothing.
Steve Goessling
Land Consultants
Civil3D 2015
Windows 7, 64 bit
Intel i7 2600 @ 3.40Ghz
16 GB RAM
Nvidia Quadro 600
Message 4 of 5
ToddRogers-WPM

Just like troma said...

Create the surface.  Then add the data.  In your case the data to add are contours because you have polylines with elevation on them.  I did the surface for you, but it's too large to attach here.

Todd Rogers
Message 5 of 5
brian.strandberg

After you add the contours you can augment the surface by adding the spot elevation blocks.  They all appear to be on the correct elevations.  

Select one of the blocks, the right-click and press select similar.  Then type the select command.  It should add the 432 SPTELV Blocks to the current selection set.

Then go to the Drawing Objects collection for your surface and select  Add...

Change object type drop down to blocks.  When it asks you to select objects, type in P (for previous).  It should say 432 found.

Using contours is my least favorite way to create a surface.  Someone else (probably surveyor) created a surface and sent you contours and spots.  Getting the original surface as a LandXML file would be best, or if they can send you the 3dFaces it would be good.  It also appears your drawing has some contour objects on elevation 0.

Adding a boundary from the line on layer MAP-DATA is also a great idea, it will keep the TIN from widening ouside the orignal data where you transition from the site to the roadway.

I rarely have time to post. If what I post helps please use Accept as Solution / Like when appropriate.

Check out my Civil 3d blog at: http://c3dk.com/

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report