Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan/Profile viewports question

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
smiandys
169 Views, 5 Replies

Plan/Profile viewports question

I've figured out the Sheet Set Manager. I've figured out the Map Book functions. I've been using the Sheet Manager to create PNP's for 6 years, and after spending time getting used to Civil3d I've run into a problem with my Plan Viewports while creating sheets without my trusty ol' Sheet Manager. Currently I have a road alignment running south to north. With the Sheet Manager I never had to think about the viewport orientations - they were automatically aligned. How can I rotate a view in paper space, on a sheet, so that my alignment is running left to right when I print? A Map Book layout that I've created worked perfectly except that the road in the plan view is oriented N-S, not W-E as I'd like.
This isn't something that I've seen others run into, so I assume that the answer is something fundamental but forgotten. Any direct answers, direction to a help file, etc. would be appreciated. Thanks.
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
smiandys
in reply to: smiandys

And I, of course, mean left to right, not W-E.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

drew11

if i understand correctly...try this:
1. make sure vp is unlocked,
2. double click inside vp,
3. type 'ucsfollow' set to '1'
(0 - UCS does not affect the view, 1 - Any UCS change causes a change to the plan view of the new UCS in the current viewport)
4. type 'ucs' (enter), then 'n' for new (enter), then 'z' to rotate about the z-axis (enter),
4a. select points along a line in a positive direction for the way you want the view displayed. in your case, i believe you will select the first point on the right and the second point on the left.
4b. your view in the viewport should have rotated 180 degrees and zoomed to extents.
5. type 'ucsfollow' again, set to '0'
6. type 'ps' to get back to paper space,
7. reset your vp scale and realign the view to the right place.
8. lock the vp

if i am not understanding, please disregard.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

I use the "Align Space" from the Express Tools menu to setup the correct rotation of my viewports. Very simple, works much like the 'align' command. Once aligned, set the scale, pan to the area you want and then lock the view. The profile is just another viewport set below it.
Message 5 of 6
smiandys

Thank you both. The "Align Space" method was almost too easy. I had played around with the DVIEW -> TWist method, which also worked, but both of your suggestions I found to be much more helpful. Thanks again for your time.
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

wow!
old dog...new trick! that is SOOOOO much easier!
thanks!!!!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report