Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Placed Lined Material not showing up through Ditch Bottom

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Jay_B
1088 Views, 4 Replies

Placed Lined Material not showing up through Ditch Bottom

I'm using the DaylightBasin Subassembly along with the "Place Lined Material" option & it works everywhere except

along the flat 0% (very bottom portion of the ditch).

Does anyone have any workarounds for this or ideas on how to fix it?

Please see attached captions.

Thanks in advance,

Jay

2012 C3D SP2.1

Win 7

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
sboon
in reply to: Jay_B

From the help file.

Like other daylight subassemblies, this subassembly optionally lets you add a lined material. You can specify three ranges of slopes. Material type 1 is applied if the slope of the links is up to the specified slope value. From slope 1 to slope 2, the second type of material applied. Similarly, if the slopes of links fall within slope 2 and slope 3 values, then material 3 is applied. If the link slopes are flatter than slope limit 3, then no material is applied.

Change the limit for material 3 to Horizontal and see if that works for you.

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 3 of 5
Jay_B
in reply to: sboon

sboon,

Thanks for the reply & suggestion. I changed the Slope Limit for material 3 to horizontal & rebuilt corridor & same result.

Attached an updated caption with the "parameters" box in SE open.

I appreciate the help.

Jay

2012 C3D SP2.1

Win 7

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Message 4 of 5
sboon
in reply to: Jay_B

It looks like there is a programming error in the DaylightBasin sub.  I tried it also with the same result as yours, then I tried it with DaylightGeneral which has the same capabilities for adding a lined material.  That sub works exactly as expected.

I tried replacing DaylightBasin with DaylightBasin2 and discovered that it has a 4th material - not documented in the Help file.  This fourth lining material apparently works for horizontal slopes.

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 5 of 5
Jay_B
in reply to: sboon

Steve,

I tried your recommendation of using the 4th material option in the DaylightBasin2 subbassembly & it works like a champ.

Attached is the resulting assembly showing the Place Lined Material in ditch bottom.

Hopefully AutoDesk can update this in a future SP or future release of the software.

Thanks for all of your help with this issue as I really appreciate it!

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report