Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pipe tee

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
dcanete
838 Views, 6 Replies

Pipe tee

Is there a way to place a node within a pipe length without splitting the pipe in two? Our application for this would be catch basin leads wherein connecting to the mainline would not always require a manhole.

Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
mjung
in reply to: dcanete

I don't think this is currently possible. We have needed this functionality ourselves and are not aware of any ways to do this without creating multiple pipe segments. If anyone knows othwerwise please share.

Civil 3D 2024 / Windows 11 Pro (64bit)
Intel Core I7 @3.30GHz / 32gig RAM / NVIDIA Quadro K2200
Message 3 of 7
ccoles
in reply to: mjung

Civil 3D will want to split the pipe to put a 'null' structure to connect another pipe. However, on a labelling basis, you can use a 'Spanning Pipe' label to make the split pipe appear as a whole pipe.

Or, you can add the crossing pipe in on a different pipe network, making it appear to connect to the original pipe, but C3D doesn't actually make the connection. I did this with pipes we were connecting to a box culvert. In profile and plan, the pipes appeared to connect, but in different pipe networks, C3D didn't actually make the connection, so it didn't split my culvert.

Windows 7 64-bit
Dell Precision T5610, Dual-Xeon 2.6Ghz, 16 Gig RAM
Civil 3D 2013
Message 4 of 7
mjung
in reply to: ccoles

I knew somebody would come up with a workable solution. Thanks for the suggestions. Seems some aspects of C3D require more workarounds than others, especially pipe networks.

Civil 3D 2024 / Windows 11 Pro (64bit)
Intel Core I7 @3.30GHz / 32gig RAM / NVIDIA Quadro K2200
Message 5 of 7
mathewkol

Good workaround but when your main is edited, you'll have to manually edit the leads' alignments and inverts. It's what we have though.
Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 6 of 7
Joe-Bouza

Pardon  my ignorance but wouldn't it have to be 3 pipes in the field attached to t tee fitting? Like in the the HDPE catalogs Smiley Surprised hmm. per haps ADS has a c3d catalog? 

I'm thinking null structure

Thank you

Joseph D. Bouza, P.E. (one of 'THOSE' People)

HP Z210 Workstation
Intel Xeon CPU E31240 @ 3.30 Hz
12 GB Ram

Note: Its all Resistentialism, so keep calm and carry on

64 Bit Win10 OS
Message 7 of 7
ccoles
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

We've had instances where we were tying a new 24" RCP pipe to an existing 96" RCP. Our detail showed them cutting a 30" hole on the upper half of the 108" to connect the 24" and grout in place. No structure. Also, similar connection to an 8' x 8' box culvert. Cut a hole above the perennial flow line and grout the pipe into it.

Windows 7 64-bit
Dell Precision T5610, Dual-Xeon 2.6Ghz, 16 Gig RAM
Civil 3D 2013

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report