Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pipe rule: "Set Pipe End Location" cause pipes to disappear in section view

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
467 Views, 2 Replies

Pipe rule: "Set Pipe End Location" cause pipes to disappear in section view

I’ve applied a rule set, “Set Pipe End Location” which now correctly calcs the elevations & slope of all connecting pipes into a structure at the “Structure Inner Wall” instead of the “Structure Center” for RCP.

But, I’ve noticed that when the rule is applied, the connecting pipes in section disappear because the section view cuts thru the center of the structure.

There must be a way to get the connecting flowline elevations at the Inner Wall and still see all connecting pipes when cutting a section thru the center of the structure.

Any help would be appreciated.

Robert

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
david.zavislan
in reply to: Anonymous

Try editing the structure style that is assigned to the structure.  Select the Display tab.   Change the view direction to Section.  Toggle on visibility for the Structure Pipe Outlines component.  This should show pipe ellipses for connected pipes.  I use this in profiles, but have not tried it with section views.

David Zavislan, P.E. | Wood Rodgers, Inc.
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: david.zavislan

Thanks!  That works and will show the inner edge of the pipe.

I'm curious though, is it possible to show inner/outter walls with hatch instead of just an outline?  If I dont apply a the End location rule, the pipes show inside/outside with solid hatch.

if not, this is still a great solution as it will show intersecting pipes while allowing me to calc pipes based on inside structure wall to next structure inside wall distances.

Thanks again!

Robert

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report