Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pipe-profile fatal error...

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
castled071049
522 Views, 8 Replies

Pipe-profile fatal error...

Just starting to use C3D 2012. When I Create Profile from Surface, under Pipe Network Display, I usually select the parts I want to appear in the profile view and then select Create Profile View. This allows me to select the necessary parts using the Series option.

Nonetheless, in 2012, however I select the pipes I want displayed (entire network, series, or individually) I get a FATAL ERROR.  If I create the profille view first, then select the parts and draw them in the PV, no problem. Anyone else come across this?

Tags (1)
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
annw2
in reply to: castled071049

I didn't get that far in 2012 before I got the fatal error.

I tried to create a simple pipe network of 5 structures & 4 pipes.

Set network structure to manholes.  Realized I didn't have the correct pipe size in library.  Added part size.  Didn't show up in the create drop down.

Told it to draw structures & pipes.  It only drew structures.

Went to edit network. New pipe size now available.

Added pipes to network.

Connected graphically to first manhole, but no invert listed.

Wondered why all the pipes were over 10 feet deep on the rest of the structures.

Tried to edit structure properties on first MH - Fatal error.  XP computer 2012 SP1.

3d having problems with networks in 2012?

Ann Wingert, P.E.
Message 3 of 9
hgohel

@castled071049 - first thing to do would be to install Update 1 for Civil 3D 2012, if you haven't already.

If the problem continues to occur even after applying Update 1, send in a crash report when this happens with your email address, and let me know that email address; I can look up the crash report. 

Thanks.

Himanshu Gohel
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 4 of 9
hgohel
in reply to: annw2

@annw2 - the problem you are running into seems unrelated to the OP's.  If you could start a new thread and also send in a CER, I will follow-up in the new thread.  Thanks.

Himanshu Gohel
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 5 of 9
annw2

Thank you.

It will be a few days before I get back to the project

Ann Wingert, P.E.
Message 6 of 9
castled071049
in reply to: hgohel

Himanshu: I just forced a FATAL ERROR in a test file by trying to select pipes to include in a Create Surface Profile process, as describe in my original post. My email address is gbarnes@burypartners.com. The crash report went in at approximately 9:27 Central Time.

Thanks.

P.S. We have Update 1 installed.

Message 7 of 9
hgohel

The report doesn't appear to have it made it into our system; in fact, I could not find any reports at all based on that email address.   It's possible there's a firewall or something blocking your reports from being sent.

Anyway, after some internal searches, I believe you may be running into defect 1393310.  We have fixed the defect it for a future release & I'm looking into possible solution for C3D 2012.

Himanshu Gohel
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 8 of 9
castled071049
in reply to: hgohel

I often don't include my email address in crash reports, but I definitley did this time. Anyway, thanks for checking it out and look forward to it being fixed.

I take it nobody else has reported this problem yet?

Jerry Barnes

Message 9 of 9
hgohel

Hi Jerry,

The defect was discovered and has been fixed for a future release.  It may have been reported by customers too, but not sure.

As a workaround, select the specific network parts from the Create Profile View wizard's "Pipe Network Display" page instead of selecting the parts first.  This will still allow you to specify parts before the view is created.

Himanshu Gohel
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report