Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodeskā€™s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Pipe network reference alignment not updating

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
csevers
1599 Views, 3 Replies

Pipe network reference alignment not updating

I have a pipe network I created in a base drawing along with an alignment I created in the same drawing. I referenced that network into a bunch of sheets. Everything was fine. Then I had to change the name of the alignment in the base drawing, so I did. Now in all my drawings where the pipe network is referenced I get this message: "Reference alignment 'HRO-4 FINAL' not found in reference drawing" HRO-4 FINAL was the old name of the alignment. The alignment is still in the same base drawing, I just changed the name. The pipe network in the base is fine, it updated it's reference alignment to the new name. I recieve that message in all the drawings where my pipe network is dref'd. 

Chris Severs, PE
Windows 7 Enterprise SP1 64 bit
64.0 GB RAM
Intel Xeon E5-2650 v3 @ 2.30GHz
NVIDA Quadro M4000
Civil 3D 2014
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Jason.Ferrelli
in reply to: csevers

Hi Chris,

Try removing the network reference from your plan, then recreate the data shortcut.

When creating the shortcut, there should be an option to "Override Reference Alignment".

Check this box and select the alignments new name.

Jason Ferrelli
Message 3 of 4
Ed.McGriskin
in reply to: csevers

Hi Chris, 

We have run into a similar issue with this in our office. The way we dealt with this was to remove all references to the alignment in your pipe network in your base drawing then save and close the base plan. After this re-open the base plan and re-reference all your pipes and structures to the alignment. This should hopefully fix it. 

Also, changing the reference alignment in the pipe network properties will not apply the reference alignment to existing pipes and structures in the network but will apply it to new parts added to the network. There is a free app on the app exchange that can quickly apply a new reference alignment to all the existign parts in a pipe network. http://goo.gl/2hUSwi

Hope this helps. 

Ed McGriskin, P.Eng.
Project Engineer @ HUSSON
Remember to accept the solution so others can find the solution also.
Message 4 of 4
csevers
in reply to: Jason.Ferrelli

@Jason - When I try that, and then if I open the pipe network properties menu, the program crases everytime.

Chris Severs, PE
Windows 7 Enterprise SP1 64 bit
64.0 GB RAM
Intel Xeon E5-2650 v3 @ 2.30GHz
NVIDA Quadro M4000
Civil 3D 2014

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Ā 

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Ā