Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pipe network elevations are incorrect even after applying ruels

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
siroos.jafary
387 Views, 5 Replies

Pipe network elevations are incorrect even after applying ruels

Good day all,

I have a pipe network in C3d with rule sets. I can provide the CAD file here. I use "create network from layout" command. Pipes suppose to be 1.00 meter below the surface ( minmum cover is 1.00 meter). ruels are assigned correctly to the network part list but it does not effect the pipes and structures. please check the profile and 3d veiw of my network. After applying ruels manually it force all pipes to be 0.00 slope! Pleas help me to figuer it out.

Best regards.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
wfberry
in reply to: siroos.jafary

Frankly, I just don't understand the squabble about the RULES.  Why not just draw your pipes where you want them and get on with it?

Bill

Message 3 of 6
Joe-Bouza

Are you sure the pipe clearance of your structures allow for the cover set in the rule?

Your Name
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 6
jmayo-EE

Do you have a default surface assigned to the network in the Pipe Network Propoerties dialog? Rules will not work without this assignment and a surface of course.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 5 of 6
siroos.jafary
in reply to: jmayo-EE

Dear jmayo and Joe,

I think I have to answer yes to your both questions. I can not uplead the file here because of file size limitation. It is appresiated if you can provide me eny alternative way to upload the file.

Message 6 of 6
siroos.jafary
in reply to: wfberry

Well it is possible to set elevations manually for small networks, but on big networks I need it to be like 1.00 meter below the surface and then do some spot changes afterwards.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report