Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pipe network T.O.P. or invert at any given point

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
287 Views, 1 Reply

Pipe network T.O.P. or invert at any given point

a co-worker was wondering if there is a feature in c3d 2010 to locate or list the top of pipe elevation while in plan or even the invert at any given point of a pipe network. for example if i wanted to know the elevation or cut distance of my pipes within a vertical curve. I could do profile elevation listings/labels but was looking for something dynamic while in plan view. I understand rules would also prevent me from having too little cover but i dont think they would list the elevation differences at a given point. thanks.
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

You can extract pipe elevation information in plan view, but it requires a little prep work first. The main thing you will need is a defined Profile by Layout that follows whatever part of the pipe you wish to extract information from (i.e. crown, invert, top of pipe, etc.) Once you have that defined, you can construct a plan view label that accesses the elevation of the defined profile at any point.
Note, though, that this label is dynamic to the defined profile, NOT the pipe network. In other words, if you make changes to pipe inverts, the label will not update until you re-snap the defined profile to the newly edited pipe.
This sounds like a lot of work, and feels like a workaround, but once you have the label constructed and place it in your base template, you can quickly use it again and again.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report