Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pipe network Structures table with invert out

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
cadconfused
2773 Views, 7 Replies

Pipe network Structures table with invert out

I have a pipe network and I made a structure table for that pipe network.  One of the columns I am attempting to display the invert out of the structure.  Right now the Text Component Editor has

<[Connected Pipe Invert Elevation(Uft|P2|RN|AP|GC|UN|Sn|OF)]>

The problem is if the structure has multiple connected pipes it pulls 1 of the pipe inverts and displays, which is usually any upstream invert.  If the structure only has 1 pipe connected it will give me that invert, which is the generally the downstream invert of an inlet.  I want to be able to display the Down Stream Invert, has anyone been able to accomplish this?

Thank you for the help.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
cadconfused
in reply to: cadconfused

No one has any ideas?

Message 3 of 8
BrianHailey

When you add the column to the table, remove the default component and add in a "Structure out flow pipes" component.

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 4 of 8
cadconfused
in reply to: BrianHailey

Ok I did that and I get this as my table

tables.jpg

Why am I getting multiple inverts showing up?  Does that mean some of the directions of my pipes are drawn in incorrectly?

Message 5 of 8
BrianHailey

Don't know. Can you share the table style and the pipe network? Remember, just because a pipe is the lowest elevation doesn't mean it's the outflow pipe. Pipes have both direction and flow direction.

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 6 of 8
cadconfused
in reply to: BrianHailey

That is probably the issue at this point.  I can share the style and network but how do I get it into a format you could see or I could send in an attachment?

Message 7 of 8
cadconfused

I did have some pipes that had the wrong flow direction.  Thank you for the help I was able to get it working now.

Message 8 of 8
BrianHailey

Awesome! Good to hear!

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report