Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pipe label sizing

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
ams77
150 Views, 6 Replies

Pipe label sizing

Hello,
I am doing a subdivision project that required me to split up the utilities into 4 sheets (using match lines). Now the utilities department wants a master showing all the utilities on one page...which is no problem...except that the sewer pipe labels are now twice the size. Is there a way to change this without having to change the xref? I've tried right clicking the settings tab on my "toolspace" window with no luck. I've even tried changing the settings to "meters" which sometimes works, but after I regen that the labels are even bigger!!!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

ThANX-IN-ADVANCE
Windows 8.1 - 64bit
Intel Core i7 Turbo @ 2.30 GHz
16GB Ram, Civil 3d 2014 64bit .
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
kcobabe
in reply to: ams77

There are only 2 ways you can fix the text height. The second one I have not tried so it may or may not work, because you are using an xref rather then vault or a data shortcut.

#1: Make a new drawing out of the old xref with the initial text size of the label to the scale you desire. Xref that drawing into your full drawing.

#2: Change the scale of the drawing in the settings.

As I said the second one may not work because an xref is being used and it may use the scale of the source drawing over the current drawing.

R10 - 2020 ACAD
2008 - 2020 Civil 3D
2014 - 2020 Plant 3D
2014 - 2020 Revit
V8i - V8i SS4 Microstation
Infraworks
2018-2020 Inventor
2020 Navisworks
Message 3 of 7
mmccall

#3 In the page setup for the overall sheet set the plot scale to twice the current setting. Scale up the paperspace components and reset the scale of the viewport to that of the smaller sheets. That should double your drawing space while holding the same viewport scale as the other drawings, and produce labels of the same size.

HTH
Message 4 of 7
ams77

I just tried this with no luck...the labels scale stayed the same.

Maybe I did not do it correctly, these are the steps I took.
Changed the plot scale from "1 to 1" to "1 to 2".
Scaled up the tittle block and the viewport to fit paperspace.
Finally, I set the vport scale to half of what it was to fit the viewport.
Windows 8.1 - 64bit
Message 5 of 7
mmccall

Regen?

I just did this in my current drawing and it worked fine after a regen of the viewport.
Message 6 of 7
ams77

Ohhhh. I didn't think about regening it.

I just went around it another way...this how I did it.

I opened both drawings (xref & the new utilities file).
Since the scale is 2.5 times what it was, I divided the old "border" and "text height size" of the label (from my xref) by 2.5 and saved it. Then I went to my other drawing and reloaded it. It looks very good considering. I went back to my xref and hit the back key until it was back to its original state and saved it again. Since I have visretain set the new drawing should not change back unless I reload it again.
Windows 8.1 - 64bit
Message 7 of 7
mmccall

#4 Your way. :oP

#5 If all the info is in xrefs, scale the xref's.

Ain't is nice when there's more than one way to do things so you can choose which ever way works best for you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report