Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pipe label Styles along profile

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
suribe
417 Views, 4 Replies

Pipe label Styles along profile

Hello,

I'm trying to a label the elevation of a pipe network along the bottom of the profile. I can't seem to figure out how to automate this labeling when I apply labels to the pipe without doing a work around. Is there something I'm not seeing, because it's pretty typical for pipes in profile view to have elevations and pipe size at every 50 or 100 foot stations along the bottom of the profile.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
wfberry
in reply to: suribe

I always try to have an alignment for each pipe line.  (Not using the center line of the road, e.g.)

Draw a final grade profile in your profile that represents the flow line of the pipe, then you can have the labelling similar to a road profile.

Bill

BTW, using a finish grade profile along the flow line of the pipe also makes it much easier to control slope, etc. of your pipe design.

Message 3 of 5
BrianHailey

Do you want the labels at the bottom of the pipe or the bottom of the profile view?

If you want them at the bottom of the profile view, simply add a band to the profile view.

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 4 of 5
suribe

Thanks wfberry, I guess my thinking is that if I have to use a separete alignment to diplay the vertical information along a profile, their would be some work involved just to try and keep that up to date since it probably wont be dynamic, but I think that is the only thing I can do right now. Thanks.

BrianHailey, I really don't want to include that information in the band, but I guess I could.

I was thinking more along the line of have a label style like the ones used for structures, to drop down at every 50 or 100 foot along the bottom of a pipe. When I display pipe networks, it only labels structures and pipes span label.

I attached an image on an old profile. I guess this shows sort of what I'm looking for.

Thanks.

Message 5 of 5
BrianHailey

Never mind. I thought this was possible with a band style but, apparently, I've never actually tried it. Can't seem to figure out how to do this. Best I can think of right now is using a profile drawn over the part of the pipe that you want to label.

I'll keep looking and if I come up with something, I'll let you know.

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report