Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pipe invert help

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
Anonymous
492 Views, 9 Replies

Pipe invert help

Ok so I am having this problem where in my profiles the invert lables are there but if I try to edit the invert elevation through prospector it is adding .02 thickness of the pipe to my invert label. So when I enter the invert in the chart the label is not the same as what I entered (the adding .02 thing)

We always consider the invert of the pipe to be the inside and not the outside. Is there some setting some where that tells it to add the pipe thickness to get the invert?? Am I missing it?
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Your profile invert labels ... what are you deriving them from? structure floors or pipes?
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous

I am deriving them from pipes
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous

Well that blew my theory of the label showing the floor elevation of the structure which accounts for pipe wall thicknesses.

The invert label, is it part of a pipe or a structure label?

Is the invert difference you see exactly equal to the pipe wall thickness?

The "chart" you reference in the original post, is that the pipe properties dialog?

Any other info you can offer sill help to track down the cause of the issue. (like a screen capture of the pipe properties and the label style settings for the invert)
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous

The label is attached to the pipe. And Yes the difference is exactly .02 everytime. The strange thing is sometimes it only affects the invert in and not the invert out so its not consistent. I will send another reply with the screen shots when ready.
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous

It sure sounds like your file may be "tainted". Is the UCS ok? What if you
test it in another drawing file.

Bill

wrote in message news:5050373@discussion.autodesk.com...
The label is attached to the pipe. And Yes the difference is exactly .02
everytime. The strange thing is sometimes it only affects the invert in and
not the invert out so its not consistent. I will send another reply with the
screen shots when ready.
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous

I have had this happen in other drawings as well.
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous

I've played around with a profile pipe invert labelling style I made but I couldn't reproduce the problem you're seeing.

I think you'll need to post one of those drawings for myself, or another user, to poke around in and see what might be causing the problem.
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous

It wont let me attach the file because it is too large. I got it down to 2 mb. What is the size limit?
Message 10 of 10
Anonymous

The size limit for attachments in this forum area is 1.5 mb, however, the is another area, "customer files", where I've seen some uploaded files larger then that.

or you could send it directly to me, MMccall at geller-sive.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report