Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pipe crossing pipe lable style

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
andrewschieltz4115
295 Views, 3 Replies

Pipe crossing pipe lable style

I am working on a profile view currently and am having problems labeling crossing pipes. I have some pipes that cross the alignment and come into structures shown in the profile view. I have overidden the pipe style in the profile view properties dialog box to show the pipe coming into the structure (I used a pipe crossing pipe style). When I do this the pipe seems to become part of the structure and I cannot seem to find a way to label the crossing pipe in profile view. Does anyone know how to label a crossing pipe in profile view that is connect to a structure? I have attached a picture showing what pipe I would like to label. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Andrew Schieltz, E.I.

C3D 2010
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

We at Prein&Newhof label that pipe in our structure label along with the other inverts into the structure. A pipe label would not be used in this case. A profile view label could be used if only the pipe in question was to be labeled, and no structure label was to be used.

Dan
Dan

Civil 3D 2013
Win 7 Pro x64
Intel Xeon 2.0GHz
12Gb Ram
ATI Firepro 4800
Dell T5500
www.preinnewhof.com
Message 3 of 4

I agree with Dan. I don't think you can label this sort of connected-to-a-structure pipe separately, just within in the structure label itself. And even then, there are limitations. About the best you can do is have the structure label call out the pipe size, invert elevation, and IN or OUT flow direction. (There are many other parameters that can be called out, of course, but the point is they are all within the structure label, not a separate pipe label.)
Message 4 of 4

Thank you for the help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report