Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pipe Type Designation

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
martin888888
315 Views, 4 Replies

Pipe Type Designation

I want to create a 96" RCCP pipe designation for labelling purposes.  For what we are doing jsut changing the name of the 96" RCP would work fine.  Is there a way to change the name of pipe in order for the labelling with show up as a RCCP vs RCP.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
jmayo-EE
in reply to: martin888888

SAelect the pipe. Right click and choose pipe properties. Go to the part properties tab. Scroll down to the bottom and you should see a field for material. Change RCP to RCCP.

OR

Setup a new pipe label style that displays the pipe desc vs the material and you can edit the desc to read RCCP or anything you want.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
martin888888
in reply to: jmayo-EE

Thank You.  I have a drawing where in the pipe properties the pipe type will not change for some reason which is why i was asking.  Works fine in a ll other drawing.  Glitch in drawing I guess.

Message 4 of 5
jmayo-EE
in reply to: martin888888

Try swapping the pipe for another and give it a shot.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 5 of 5
BrianHailey
in reply to: jmayo-EE

I've been having some serious issues with pipe materials in 2015. Prior to the service pack, you couldn't set the material when adding a part to the parts list and after the service pack (SP1) the option to choose the material is not there at all.

Works fine in 2014 however.

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report