Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pipe/Structure table

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
wvyhonsky
2411 Views, 12 Replies

Pipe/Structure table

Because of the limitations of the pipe or structure tables, for the last few years we were creating separate tables for structures and pipes.  Now we have to go to one table showing all of the structure and pipe data.

A structure table wont give me the pipe length between structures, and a pipe table won't give me the structure top elevation.  Any ideas for getting all of this data to one table without manually creating it somehow?

Thanks!

c3d 2009

c3d 2012

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: wvyhonsky

Im pretty sure you can add pipe datat to a tructure tble and vice verse. In the tabler style add the data desired.

Your Name
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Your Name

EESignature

Message 3 of 13
wvyhonsky
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

yeah you can, you just cant add pipe length to a structure table or structure top elevation to a pipe table.

Message 4 of 13
bbuye03

I have run into the same problem....

I would either like to add the structure elevation at the pipe start point to the pipe data table, or the pipe length to the structure data table.

Any solution to this yet or am I going to have to make two tables as well?

Cheers

B.

Message 5 of 13
Cadguru42

This is a fundamental flaw with C3D that really needs to be addressed. There's all kinds of data in the design elements of Civil 3D, yet most of that data is hidden and inaccessible to the other design elements. What's the point of having a so-called BIM when you can't get the data extracted to work the way you need it? Why can't a regular AutoCAD table be able to access C3D object data similar to how fields work? That in itself would alleviate almost all problems with reports and tables for Civil 3D users. Why is there no relationships between different C3D objects, such as alignments, points, surface, ect.? By that I mean why can't one object reference any data from another object? What we have are a select few data fields that Autodesk has deemed OK to be seen by certain other C3D objects, but not all of the data and not every C3D object. 

For instance, It is impossible with Civil 3D to make a storm structure table and storm pipe table to meet TDOTs standard because you can't edit or add rows or columns in a pipe or structure table. The only way to get the tables is to do it "manually", which defeats the entire purpose of having a supposedly intelligent design using the pipe network system. LandXML cannot be used to bridge the difference because pipe network objects are not relatable to other objects, such as alignments or profiles.

Another example is how TDOT requires a point table on the present layout sheet of the control points on that sheet with their number, northing, easting, elevation, station and offset. Since points aren't associated with alignments in any way the built in point table from C3D cannot do this. It has to be manually created. Points and alignments do not talk with each other, which is not very BIM like. 

C3D 2022-2024
Windows 10 Pro
32GB RAM
Message 6 of 13
bbuye03
in reply to: Cadguru42

Thanks for the speedy reply!

I ended up making a pipe table and a structure table. One table having blank columns so I could evenly space out the correct data and send the table to the back allowing the correct info to show up and stuff I didn't want to be hidden. Seems to work fine, just the inconvenience of two tables.

Cheers

B.
Message 7 of 13
wvyhonsky
in reply to: bbuye03

Thats not a bad idea.  I'll have to try that one.

Another problem I run into is when I have elliptical pipe.  No good way to have both and elliptical and round pipe sizes in the same table, which doesn't seem that uncommon.

Message 8 of 13
bbuye03

Haven't run into that problem, we don't require pipe sizes in CB data tables because they are either labeled in the plan/profile or noted in the legend that all leads from CB to MH are a certain size.

B.
Message 9 of 13
Matt.Anderson

Structure Tables > Details of In flow & Details of Out Flow pipes does include both the Connect Pipe Lenghts and Pipe Slope.  This should be in 2012 SP2 thru the current release.

Matthew Anderson, PE CFM
Product Manager
Autodesk (Innovyze)
Message 10 of 13
bbuye03
in reply to: Matt.Anderson

I am running 2011
Message 11 of 13
wvyhonsky
in reply to: Matt.Anderson

It is there, nice, thanks!

Any suggestions for having round and elliptical pipe sizes in the same table?

Message 12 of 13
taneum

I am still in a similar situation.

I have a bunch of driveway pipe culverts and each one has a flared end section on each end of the pipe.  I want to table these culverts listing the flared end section station and offset and the pipe length.  I can do a pipe table but the station and offsets are at the ends of the pipe, not the ends of the flared end sections.....or.....I can do a structure table and get the correct station and offset and list the connected pipe length, but that only gives me one of the flared end section locations, not both of them.

Any ideas after all these years?

Message 13 of 13
wvyhonsky
in reply to: taneum

yes, it's been a while, and I don't remember when it became available but I have been able to have pipe lengths in a structure table for a while now.

With your structure table I'm not sure why you wouldn't get the other one.  It should put the second one in a new row on the table?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report