Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pipe/Structure Table

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
707 Views, 1 Reply

Pipe/Structure Table

See attached pic.

We currently use Excel as our table of choice and then OLE it into CAD. Looking at the table, I feel confident I can recreate most of this in C3D seamlessly. but there are some issues that I have questions on.

1. We are specifying Inlet to Inlet. I'm not sure how to accomplish this as the network looks at Structure-Pipe-Structure. How does it know what structure is next and downstream? An IF THEN expression?

2. Top is Rim elevation - no problem

3. Inv In and Inv Out - again, no problem

5. Horz. Len., Slope, size, type - I guess I can steal those components from the pipes and use them in a structure table.

Mind you,I haven't sat down and actually did anything with these yet - its all conceptual. But the inlet to Inlet thing seems to me the hardest part. Anyone have any ideas?

Rick

http://simplycivil3d.blogspot.com/
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

This is very simple to accomplish with a pipe table. See attached. Since you know what you want to include it's just a matter of choosing the correct pipe properties and adding them to the text component editor in each section of the table. Those familiar with the pipe properties should have no difficulty creating the pipe table style. This is just another great tool that makes our lives better!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report