Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pipe/Structure Table Not Reflecting Correct Directions

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
archer0599
572 Views, 6 Replies

Pipe/Structure Table Not Reflecting Correct Directions

If that makes any sense.

I have a pipe/strucutre table to show the name of my structure, the rim elevation, structure diameter, the connected inverts, and the connected pipe diameters.

My problem is, the connected pipe diameters are not lining up with the connected pipe inverts, or maybe my inverts are reflection the wrong direction.

Ex: I have a MH named SA4. I have a North Pipe with an Invert of 530.456, and the diameter is 375. However, in the table it's displayed as something like this:

S INV = 530.456        Dia. 375

I want it to display as N INV, not S INV. Same is East and West. They are all jumbled around and not reflecting properly.

I have no idea how to change that. I wish I could explain it better. Know of any solutions?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
troma
in reply to: archer0599

Is it consistantly swapping North with South & East with West ALL the time, or is it a bit random?

I hope you haven't messed with your UCS have you?

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 3 of 7
archer0599
in reply to: troma

It seems to be at random. Some of them are correct and some of them aren't. Like what should be east is north, and what should be north is south, and what should be west is east, and south is west. It was weird.

I haven't touched the UCS. I ended up asking someone for a table style I could use that had the information that I wanted, and to see if that was it and I altered it to look like it should. Seems to be working, but I've only checked a couple structures so far.

I'm just confused as to what would have caused that to begin with. I couldn't even pin-point the exact problem. Is it the diameters? Or is it the Inverts? or is it the actual direction of the pipes? I'm new to pipes and pipe networks so I haven't played enough with them. This is my first time figuring out pipe tables.

The direction of the pipes come from the UCS correct? So if my north (or Y) is correct then why shouldn't the pipes reflect that? And it's funny how this new table style, and the old one had the same data, all I needed to change was colors and text sizes and such.

Anyhow.. I'm rambling. I'm going to see how this new pipe table style works out. I'm crossing my fingers.

Message 4 of 7
troma

do you have any that are NE or NW etc?  Or are they all right on points of the compas?  I haven't used tabels too much, but we label the direction of inverts in the profile view.  They always worked right, but most of them end up not being exactly on a compas direction.  Wish I knew how to control the 'fudge factor' for that.

Mark Green

Message 5 of 7
dgordon

could it be that in the table style you were given the person used an expression which reverses the pipe directions?

try using just a structure label on the structure and see if it reports the same directions.

Dan

Civil 3D 2013
Win 7 Pro x64
Intel Xeon 2.0GHz
12Gb Ram
ATI Firepro 4800
Dell T5500
www.preinnewhof.com
Message 6 of 7
cooke_steve

I am new to the discussion groups so please forgive me if this is posted somewhere else and I have overlooked it.

I am am trying to create a structure table with various categories of information.  One of them being the invert elevations of pipes coming in ant out of the stucture.  I have managed to get this table how it want it  but I am unable to get the invert information in the table.  It lists the correct number of inverts but it selects the highest invert in and shows that elevation for all inverts for the associated structure.  All the invert directions list as "IN", none list as "OUT".

Any suggestions?

Message 7 of 7
troma
in reply to: cooke_steve

I suggest you start a new thread rather than posting on this one.
Also, have you tried an internet search engine? You will probably get better results that way—even results on this site—than you will by using the search function here on the site.

Mark Green

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report