Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pipe Profile, CL showing as crossing

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
brianzimmerman
480 Views, 10 Replies

Pipe Profile, CL showing as crossing

I have my pipes in my profile. Where the pipe crosses the alignment it puts an ellipse on my pipe as if I have a pipe crossing there. I want the pipe crossings to show, but not the alignment as one of them. Any ideas?
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
JustinG
in reply to: brianzimmerman

Brian,

I seem to be having this same problem, but other than shutting off the crossing in the pipe style, there seems to be no setting for the centerline being used as an interference. Have you made any progress?

Thanks,
Justin
Message 3 of 11

Still stuck in the mud. I'll try and update this if I find anything new.
Message 4 of 11
mmccall

Without seeing what you see, I'll take a guess. It sounds like you have the pipe crossing components turned on in the pipe style your using. The crossing components need to be in a separate style and applied to crossings as an overriding style by the profile view and not applied directly to the pipe itself.

HTH
Message 5 of 11
JustinG

So if I am following you, by applying an overriding style to this pipe section (which does not show the crossing pipe at centerline) I am losing the pipe crossing functionality for this pipe section only and not the overall pipe run? It definitely is a workaround, but I would hope that future updates would include an option to shut off the crossing ovals at the street centerline (at least along a continuous pipe run). Thanks for all of your help.

Justin
Message 6 of 11
kcobabe

I'm seeing this mainly in curved pipes. Is that where you are seeing this happen.

R10 - 2020 ACAD
2008 - 2020 Civil 3D
2014 - 2020 Plant 3D
2014 - 2020 Revit
V8i - V8i SS4 Microstation
Infraworks
2018-2020 Inventor
2020 Navisworks
Message 7 of 11
mmccall

This is how it works for me.

I have one style assigned to the pipe that includes the components to display the pipe in plan, profile (longitudinally) and x-section. The crossing components are turned of it this style. When I have a pipe in the profile that I want to be shown as a crossing pipe (oval), I go to the profile view properties, select the Pipe Networks tab, locate the crossing pipe and set an override pipe style that only includes the crossing components. The override style is only used for that instance of the pipe and only in that profile.

HTH

This link may also help
http://civil3drocks.blogspot.com/2006/06/civil-3d-nuts-and-bolts-showing-and.html
Message 8 of 11
JustinG

I can't seem to get the crossing pipe to display in the profile. I made a style that only shows the crossing pipe, but when I apply it my pipe disappears (the pipe shows using my original style as a short piece). I don't know if this matters, but I am also having problems showing my crossing pipes coming into my manholes. The labels show that the intersecting pipe are there, but they don't display properly. I'm sure I am doing something wrong with my style, but it looks similar to the original template style. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Justin
Message 9 of 11
mmccall

If you apply a crossing only style to a pipe that doesn't cross the alignment nothing can be drawn. C3d uses the horizontal and vertical location where the crosses the alignment that produced the profile view, not where one pipe crosses another and not where it leaves or enters a structure. (I wish there were options to do some of these)
Message 10 of 11
JustinG

Does this mean that the intersecting pipes in a manhole structure won't be displayed if they don't cross the centerline?And when these "laterals" do cross the centerline, the location and elevation of the pipe oval will be at the centerline and not the structure? Sorry to ramble on, but I'm just trying to get the whole pipe function thing straight in my head.

Thanks Again,
Justin
Message 11 of 11
mmccall

The 'profile' component will always display whether a pipe crosses the alignment or not as it displays the pipe from end to end. A pipe can only display a 'crossing' if, and where, it crosses the alignment. I'm not sure how this works when an alignment runs along the centerline of a pipe network. (it might end up in the middle in an attempt to pick the entire length of the pipe as the crossing)

Displaying what goes on inside a structure has been the topic of several posts. They all end with 'that functionality isn't available yet'.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report