AutoCAD Civil 3D General

chandsi
Message 1 of 2 (262 Views)

Pipe Network

262 Views, 1 Replies
12-25-2011 11:22 PM

I want to connect two rain water pipe networks at a junction (T- Junction) , both runs from different direction, say , 1st line runs East to West and 2nd line South to North meet at the mid of  1 st line makes a T- junction, from that T loaction  it has to be single network upto the Rainwater storage tank (towards north).

So how do i connect at 'T'?  When i use the option Modify > Connect Part  A " warning mssg says that cannot connect diffrent parts belonging to different network" . Please suggest me how to proceed?

chandsi
Message 2 of 2 (257 Views)

Re: Pipe Network

12-26-2011 12:34 AM in reply to: chandsi

Sorry in my earlier post it was typed as Connect Part but its actually " Merge Network" - Merging network works fine. I made that to be single network. . Is that correct ?

1. My requirement is two diff direction pipes meeet at " T" and takes route towards North. I have two parallel pipes running below road one is Industrial waste water & Rain water .  Pipe slopes are 1:400 for industrial water and gravity flow for Rain water so in pipe properties dialog for Values - Pipe flow direction which is the correct one to give (Start to end or By Slope )

2. After fixing the layput i have to run analysis in SSA to fix the pipe diameter based on the estimated discharge . Is it possible in SSA . I require guidence and suggestion . this is challeging one for me !

Thanks in advance.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Civil 3D Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for AutoCAD Civil 3D helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Civil 3D

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs