Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pipe Network total volume of pipes & structures ?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
cyberflow
633 Views, 3 Replies

Pipe Network total volume of pipes & structures ?

Hi there,

I oftenly do conception for parkings and always need to have the calculated rentention of water volume in the pipe network.

I was asking myself ... is there a way to have that information with Civil 3d ?

Googled the subject and i only found a topic on trench's for the pipes ...

Cyberflow

--------------------------------------------
Using : Autodesk Civil 3D 2022& 2023
AKA Frank Freitas, Senior Roadway Designer @ Kiewit
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: cyberflow

thats interesting. You could try an expression in the pipe labels {length}x{area of pipe} and create a table using it. Totals would still need to be added up thugh

Joe Bouza
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
MikeEvansUK
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

If you are calacalating the volume in pipework would you also need to take into account the volumes in the structures?

If so you need the hydraulic gradients etc this is why most would use a 3rd party application to model the volumes of water. Some pipework would have low flows and some high flows dependant on the impermiable area so you would also need to take this into account. May be easier to dump into Windes or SSA.

As for a rough volume with total, Quantity take off would be one way forward but wont give you the pipe referances only lengths & volumes. A network table would do wwhat you wamt with no running total but you will as stated need a calcalation. The Volume could be added as a custom context if needed otherwise it would be something like ({2D Length - To Inside Edges} * (pi*({Inner Pipe Diameter}/2))) this would take into account the reduction of the pipework in the structures.

Mike Evans

Civil3D 2022 English
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3820 CPU @ 3.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.0GHz With 32768MB RAM, AMD FirePro V4900, Dedicated Memory: 984 MB, Shared Memory: 814 MB

Message 4 of 4
troma
in reply to: MikeEvansUK

Your radius needs to be squared.
({2D Length - To Inside Edges} * (pi*({Inner Pipe Diameter}/2)({Inner Pipe Diameter}/2)))

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report