Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pipe Network: "End Cover" is LOWER than both Min and Max cover numbers?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
doni49
308 Views, 4 Replies

Pipe Network: "End Cover" is LOWER than both Min and Max cover numbers?

Can someone please explain this to me?

I changed the inverts on my pipes and was reviewing the cover numbers to make sure they were good.

In the following screenshot, you'll see that it shows Min Cover = 2.218 and Max Cover = 2.490.  The start cover matches the max so that's good -- but the End Cover is -0.267.

PipeRuleSetMinCover4.png

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Willy_Campbell
in reply to: doni49

Hi Don,

What version of Civil 3D are you using where this is happening? Are you getting these results in other drawings as well, or just this one?

Any chance we can get a copy of this drawing?

Willy Campbell
Message 3 of 5
doni49
in reply to: Willy_Campbell

@Willy_Campbell wrote:

Hi Don,

What version of Civil 3D are you using where this is happening? Are you getting these results in other drawings as well, or just this one?

Any chance we can get a copy of this drawing?

C3D 2012.  This is the first time I've ever worked with the pipe network tools so I can't tell you if it happens anywhere else.  I'll post the file tomorrow.  (I'm at home).

Don Ireland

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 4 of 5
doni49

As promised, here is the file (it's in the attached zip file).  Open 61-19-E2_C-103 -- the other two contain surfaces that are attached via shortcut (those surfaces control the cover).

Don Ireland

Message 5 of 5
doni49

I haven't touched the file since posting the original message.  I was going to tell you which pipe to look at.  So I opened it up and started the Pipe Network Vista -- the covers look like they all fit within the min and max now.

All I can figure is that it somehow fixed itself as a result of restarting acad and/or rebooting my PC.

Very odd.

Don Ireland

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report