Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pipe Network not drawing pipes

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
nathan07
12360 Views, 9 Replies

Pipe Network not drawing pipes

Civil 3D 2013. I have a sanitary pipe network as well as a storm network. Now I need to extend the sanitary network one extra section. I go to edit the network, and choose the correct parts for structure and pipe from my catalogue. When I choose the draw; pipe only, structure only, pipes and structures it highlights like normal, and in the 'command' box it says to choose an insertion point. When I click an insertion point (either to an existing structure or a new place on the screen) the draw button that was highlighted becomes unclicked and nothing gets drawn. However this is only an issue when pipes only, or pipes and structures is picked. When I choose structures only It works fine.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
jnjhuz
in reply to: nathan07

When this happened to me I went out of the dwg and came back in and then it worked.

Message 3 of 10
max_bellato

I know you asked this question a very long time ago but did you ever get an answer? I'm having the exact same problem. Thanks

Message 4 of 10
eswcdw
in reply to: max_bellato

Just started happening to me. I cant draw a pipe, and it only lets me draw one structure.

If I use "create pipe network from object" it will insert strucures at the polyline angle points, but still no pipes.

Message 5 of 10
BBARROWGVU52
in reply to: eswcdw

Hello,

I had this problem today and one of my co-workers explained to me what was happening. 

Make sure that your part catalogue is linked properly to that parts background information. Civil 3D was reading the part list properly (25mm PVC which is in our modified part list but not AutoCAD's standard catalogue) but would not draw the part because the actual file with the parts definition script (diameters/materials etc.) was not being read. He selected the modified catalogue and it began to work again. 

(Sorry if my terminology is off I'm relatively new to this program)

Hope this helps,

Cheers

Message 6 of 10
jnjhuz
in reply to: BBARROWGVU52

Thanks for the tip. In my case I had to overwrite my part catalog with one that had not been tampered with and that worked.

I still feel new to this too.

Message 7 of 10
adriano.visconti

This happens when the parts catalog has been updated and the drawing is trying to reference an older part.  Even something as small as changing the description to the part in the part builder will cause this issue.

Try 'PARTSCATALOGREGEN'

If that doesn't work in the 'Toolspace' under the 'Settings' Tab

- expand 'Pipe Networks'

- expand 'Parts List'

- right click the parts list you are having an issue with.

- select edit

- delete the pipe (or structure you are having an issue with)

- re-add that pipe (or structure)

Message 8 of 10
jnjhuz
in reply to: adriano.visconti

Thanks.
Message 9 of 10
fritz.st-fleur
in reply to: jnjhuz

It's because your part Network doesnt have any part list under the pipe. So follow these steps to add 

- expand 'Pipe Networks'

- expand 'Parts List'

- right click the parts list you are having an issue with.

- select edit

- right click on the part list

- add part family

-right click on the part family 

-select add part size (Check add ll sizes)

Do the same for structure in case you can't add structure neither.

Message 10 of 10
juliajfindley

Ran into this issue today and we discovered that within the Pipe Network Parts settings, under the Pipes tab, none of the pipes had a style set to default to so when it was drawn in AutoCad didn't have a style to display it on so it appeared to just disappear.

If you edit your parts list and go into each pipe and set a default style you should be good to go. Same goes for structures. Also make sure that within that style there is at least 1 property set to display (like centerline or outside wall etc)

You can also verify the pipe was added to the network by going to your Prospector and expanding your pipe network and clicking pipe and looking at the list of pipe down below.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report