Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pipe Network Xref Problem

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
1626 Views, 8 Replies

Pipe Network Xref Problem

I have a base drawing with all my pipe networks data referenced in. When I xref this drawing into out drawings some of the pipe styles and structure styles are displaying differently than in the base file. Any ideas? Both drawings have same parts lists and styles.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
MattHough2641
in reply to: Anonymous

Did they have the same parts list and styles when you created them?  Have you added to the parts list since you began the drawings?

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous

Both drawings have the same parts lists, catalogs and styles. For whatever reason when I xref the drawing with the networks it displays with different styles. I can't figure it out. 

Message 4 of 9
MattHough2641

and you're only xrefing it not drefing?  I know that when I've created references to a pipe network data shortcut I lose symbols or symbols change which really pissed me off for a couple days.  Have you tried purge and audit both drawings?  I know that's probably the first thing you tried.  Making sure your pipe network is syncronized. 

I don't know if this will make things worse but detaching the xref and running a purge and audit, closing civil 3d and reopening then running a recover on both drawings might work.

Message 5 of 9
MattHough2641

Also if you are viewing the pipe network as a data shortcut in your drawing check the structure properties Display tab to make sure in plan view the structures are not turned off.  Thawing everything in your drawing might help to just to make sure they arent on a frozen layer.  Baby steps lol

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous

I am only XREFing the newtwork. I have the network dref into a drawing where it looks right, the shift in styles comes when I xref the drawing in which it is dref'nced. I have purged audited and recovered more than I would like to admit.

Message 7 of 9
MattHough2641

I'm stumped...the only other thing I can think of is that there is some confusion when you're xrefing a dref.  Have you triend cutting out the middle man and just directly xrefing the drawing that contains the actual pipe network?

Message 8 of 9
troma

How different is the base to where you're xreffing it?  Is it just a different colour, or totally different?

We've had issues with civil objects in xref's taking on the colour of the current layer in the host drawing.  If that's what is happening, make layer 0 (zero) current, then reload the xref.  If it's something else, I dunno.

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 9 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: MattHough2641

We have been experiencing a very similar problem in our drawings. Set styles in the master then modify them in a drawing with data reference of pipe network. All looks good until you synchronize or open the drawing again. Turns out the problem is C3D 12 service pack 2. Check this link for the explanation

http://blogs.rand.com/support/2012/07/warning-something-you-should-know-before-installing-civil-3d-2...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report