Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pipe Network Synchronization in 2014

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
sannicchiarico
208 Views, 0 Replies

Pipe Network Synchronization in 2014

I have recently upgraded from Civil 3D 2011 to Civil 3D 2014 and have come across 1 majour issue.  I typically create one drawing for each of my pipe networks (water, sanitary and storm) .  Each indivual drawing works fine.  The speed of the drawing is normal I can swap parts no problem etc etc.  When it comes to creating a plan profile drawing I data shortcut my 3 pipe networks into that deliverable and thats where the trouble begins.  Once I have data shortcuted a pipe network my drawing comes to a crashing hault.  The typical open time for my plan profile drawing is about 3 hours with the 3 pipe networks data shortcuted.  The drawing isn't a large file either (3.1mb).  I tested out civil 3d 2014 with the last project I completed in Civil 3d 2011.  I opened a plan profile in 2011 it took about 1-2 min, the same file took 1.5 hours to open in 2014.  Has anyone else come across this issue?  I also noticed that opening the plan profile from civil 3d took close to 3 hrs.  If civil 3d was open and I opened the drawing from windows explorer it took the same amout of time but if civil 3d 2014 was closed and I opened the drawing from windows explorer it opened in a couple minutes.  I am thinking it has something to do with the synchronizing but any input would be greatly appreciated.

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report