AutoCAD Civil 3D General

Distinguished Contributor
logokster
Message 11 of 14 (118 Views)

Re: Pipe Network Structure Station Label

12-13-2006 05:23 AM in reply to: blueriver4
What I have done is setup different labels for each sheet with different layers. Then turn off the layers for each individual sheet that are not needed. It kind of sucks because in plan with everything turned on I have about 2 or 3 labels for some structures, but I have not found a better way to do it. This does lead to another question; Do most people have drawings for all the design information and presentation sheets for each individual sheet or do they have all the sheets in the drawings with the design? I have all the sheets in the drawings b/c before SP3 when shortcuts were not kept, you would lose information through the Xrefs.

Brandon
Distinguished Contributor
annw2
Message 12 of 14 (82 Views)

11-17-2012 07:25 AM in reply to: blueriver4

They still haven't gotten this fixed in 2012.  What about 2013?

I am just deleting the station reference from the structure label rather than mess with this.  I have even individually changed the alignment setting on a structure, later edit the strucuture, and have the alignment setting vanish, especially with data shortcuts.

This is especially aggrevating when creating aligments from pipe networks. The network is created first with no alignment set for the network.  The alignment setting is added later, when the alignment is created, but it won't 'take' and the station labels keep showing as blank.

Ann Wingert, P.E.
*Expert Elite*
tcorey
Message 13 of 14 (76 Views)

11-17-2012 11:05 AM in reply to: annw2

I have an easy solution"

Add to your Structure Profile Label a Reference Text component that references an alignment station. When you place the labels, you will be prompted to pick the alignment. Pick the other one than the one the pipe network references. You are able to have stationing from both alignments represented.

The example is not refined, but it shows that this can be done.

DualStationingLabel.png

Tim Corey, Owner
Delta Engineering Systems
Redding, CA
Autodesk Authorized Value-Added Reseller
Distinguished Mentor
castled071049
Message 14 of 14 (58 Views)

11-20-2012 03:42 AM in reply to: blueriver4

If you are talking strictly profile views, the answer is simple: instead of having your profile view label address the alignment that the structure is associated with, use instead the alignment that the profile view is associated with. 

To accomplish this, in the profile view label use an alignment reference text for stationing. When you select the structure in profile view to label, it asks you which alignment you want to use for the stationing. Right click, a list of all available alignments appears, then select the alignment associated with that profile view. The correct stationing appears and all is well. 

Note that in profile view you can only station reference one alignment per structure automatically. In other words, you cannot have a label that says "STA. 10+00 ROAD A = STA. 14+25 ROAD B" without hand editing, a very bad idea. 

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Civil 3D Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for AutoCAD Civil 3D helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Civil 3D

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs